- 14 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 53 min ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Movies Saaho Celebrations Begin: Fans Place 70-Feet Cutout Of Prabhas In An Event
- News 100 not out: Meet Rohith, who helps the young chase their dreams for the sheer joy of it
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Technology Realme 5 Pro Vs Redmi Note 7 Pro – Which Mid-Range Phone Wins The Race?
- Finance TCS Surpasses RIL In Market Cap To Reclaim Most Valued Indian Firm Tag
- Lifestyle Har Chhath 2019: Date, Time, And Significance of Balaram Jayanti Vrat
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
MG Motor has launched the Hector in the Indian market. The all-new MG Hector is the first product from the Chinese-owned British brand in the country and is offered with a starting price of Rs 12.18 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The MG Hector is available in a range of four variants: Style, Super, Smart and Sharp. The top-spec variant of the MG Hector comes priced at Rs 16.88 lakh, ex-showroom (India) and is packed with a host of features and equipment.
|Variant ||STYLE ||SUPER ||SMART ||SHARP |
|Petrol MT ||Rs 12,18,000 ||Rs 12,98,000 ||- ||- |
|Petrol Hybrid MT ||- ||Rs 13,58,000 ||Rs 14,68,000 ||Rs 15,88,000 |
|Petrol DCT ||- ||- ||Rs 15,28,000 ||Rs 16,78,000 |
|Diesel MT ||Rs 13,18,000 ||Rs 14,18,000 ||Rs 15,48,000 ||Rs 16,88,000 |
Bookings for the MG Hector has already begun with over 10,000 bookings already received. The car has already reached showrooms, with deliveries of the new SUV starting from the first week of July. The MG Hector is positioned in the highly competitive mid-size SUV segment in the Indian market.
The MG Hector comes with a bold and imposing exterior design. The front is characterised by the large chrome grille, flanked on either side by dual-headlamp setup, with the sleek LED DRLs on top and the main LED projector lamps housed below.
From the side, the MG Hector receives a boxy design, with sharp shoulder lines and creases running across its entire length. The SUV rides on a set of stylish 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels. The rear profile carries forward the overall sporty theme of the SUV with large wrap-around LED tail lights, connected at the centre.
Rajeev Chaba, President & Managing Director, MG Motor India, stated:
"As MG's first product for the Indian market, the Hector comes with 'MG Shield', a first-of-its-kind package in the Indian auto industry which provides complete assurance to our customers, as we continue to remain focused on disruption & differentiation. With the very distinctive design that also packs in safety, best-in-class features and competitive pricing, the MG Hector will make an impact with buyers who are looking for something very different from the normal array of cars."
The MG Hector is powered by two engine options: petrol and diesel. This comes in the form of a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol and 2.0-litre diesel. The petrol engine produces 143bhp and 250Nm of torque while the diesel churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque. The petrol engine will also be available with a 48V hybrid variant, which will offer better fuel efficiency and more low-end grunt. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual, with the petrol receiving the optional DCT transmission as well.
We recently drove the MG Hector in Coimbatore during the media drive event and were impressed with the overall handling and performance from both the engines — read our detailed review here.
The MG Hector is available with a host of features. One of the main is the i-Smart technology integrated in the Hector's segment-leading 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system. It comes with AI-enabled voice assist, which can be used to control all the various features and functions available on the SUV.
MG Motors has also announced 'MG Shield', which offers the best ownership package for customers. The new warranty package offers private owners free-of-charge 5-year comprehensive warranty for unlimited kilometres. It also comes with free round-the-clock roadside assistance for five years and no labour charges for the first five scheduled services.
The MG Hector is available in a range of five colour schemes: Candy White, Starry Black, Aurora Silver, Burgundy Red and Glaze Red.
Thoughts On The MG Hector India-Launch
The MG Hector is the first 'Internet Car' launched in the country. Positioned in the highly competitive SUV segment, the MG Hector will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV500 and the upcoming Kia Seltos.