- 15 min ago Toyota Five-Continents Drive From India To Vietnam Flagged Off In Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- News Maharashtra Elections: Shiv Sena urges EC to hike poll expenditure limit
- Movies Mouni Roy Shares Video Of Her Car Damaged By Falling Rock At A Metro Site, Accuses Authorities
- Sports AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships: Amit Panghal, Manish Kaushik enter semi-finals to confirm medals
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
MG Motor India is all set to launch its first product in the Indian market. The first product from the British brand is the Hector SUV, which has been spied testing on multiple occasions.
Now, MG Motor has released a new teaser video of the upcoming Hector SUV, ahead of its launch. The teaser video shows a completely camouflaged Hector SUV in the coastal regions of the country. The video also gives us a glimpse of some the new features and equipment expected on the upcoming Hector SUV.
In the teaser video, we can see the chunky key fob, along with the MG Hector's keyless entry feature. Other features also include a seven-inch fully-digital instrument cluster, auto day-night IRVM and the 'best-in-class' panoramic sunroof.
The MG Hector is also expected to come with LED headlamps, LED DRLs and LED tail lights as well. The Hector is also expected to come with a quarter glass panel between the C and D-pillar. There will also be a blacked-out element, giving a floating roof effect for the Hector SUV.
The MG Hector is said to be powered by a 2.0-litre Mutlijet diesel engine sourced from Fiat. This engine is the same as on the Jeep Compass and produces 170bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. There will also be a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine churning out 143bhp and 250Nm of torque. Both engines will be mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, while the petrol will also come with a six-speed DCT automatic transmission as well.
According to previous reports, the MG Hector is said to be priced similar to its competition in the Indian market. This translates to an expected price range of Rs 14 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom for the MG Hector.
MG Motors is owned by SAIC, a Chinese automaker. The company recently opened up its first corporate office in the country in Gurugram. The company also recently signed British Actor, Benedict Cumberbatch as their Brand Ambassador.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Teaser Video
MG Hector SUV is said to launch sometime in mid-2019. The car will be the first product from the brand in the country. It will be followed by an electric-SUV as already confirmed. Once launched in India, the MG Hector SUV will rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500.