- 7 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 8 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 13 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
MG Motors is all set to enter the Indian market. The company is planning to launch its first product, the Hector SUV in India sometime in mid-2019. The MG Hector will offer a number of features, including a few 'best-in-class' equipment once launched in the market.
Ahead of its launch, a Team-BHP forum post suggests that the pricing for the new SUV in India is expected to be in the same range as the Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500. This translates to a price range starting from around Rs 15 lakh, ex-showroom.
The MG Hector will be a five-seater SUV and is said to be larger than both the Tata Harrier and the Mahindra XUV500. The exact prices for the SUV will be announced some time in mid-May during its launch, while deliveries of the new SUV is said to begin in June.
MG Motors, wholly-owned by Chinese automaker SAIC took over General Motor's old plant in Halol Gujarat. The Hector SUV will be sold under the MG badge and manufactured at the facility in Halol.
The MG Hector once launched in the Indian market, will be available in both petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol unit producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque. The diesel engine, on the other hand, is said to be the same Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre unit seen on the Jeep Compass, churning out 170bhp and 350Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox.
MG Motors might also offer the petrol version of the Hector with an in-house developed automatic gearbox from the start. However, the diesel-automatic version is said to be launched at a later stage in India.
The company recently ropped in British Actor, Benedict Cumberbatch as their Brand Ambassador. MG Motors hope that with the Bitish Actor on board, they will be able to attract more customers towards the brand, as well as the new SUV.
Thoughts On The MG Hector Price Expectations For India
The MG Hector has been spied testing on multiple ocassions, ahead of its launch in the Indian market. Apart from the Hector, MG Motor has also confirmed that the second product from the brand will be an all-electric SUV for India, which is expected to launch later in 2020. Once launched in India, the MG Hector will rival the likes of the Tata Harrier, Mahindra XUV 500 and the Jeep Compass.