- 20 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- Finance Markets To Jump Post Exit Poll Results
- Technology Best camera smartphones to buy right now under Rs. 20,000
- Lifestyle Huma Qureshi’s Cannes 2019 Red Carpet Gown Is Totally Surreal And Gives Waves Effect
- News This video of Differently-Abled man delivering food on Tricycle is winning hearts online
- Movies Dreams Do Come True! Hina Khan Poses With Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jones At Cannes Chopard Party!
- Sports AC Milan 2 Frosinone 0: Piatek and Suso keep top-four hopes intact
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Datsun India, a subsidiary of Nissan, sells more cars in the country than their parent company. The latest cars sales report of September 2018 shows that a good majority of Nissan India's market share is contributed by Datsun. In fact, Nissan has not even achieved a four-digit sales figure, last month. This makes one wonder about the future of Nissan in India.
As per data, Nissan India Group sold a total of a total of 3,227 units in the month of September 2018, against a higher 5,003 units during the same time last year. The company has witnessed a heavy 35.5 per cent drop in sales this time.
Out of the 3,227 units, cars coming under the Nissan badge account to only 426 units while the remaining 2,801 units are Datsun models. On the contrary, 1,137 Nissan cars were sold in September 2017 while Datsun managed to sell 3,866 models. The new Datsun GO and GO+ will boost the numbers even further.
One could argue that the drop in sales has affected the entire Indian automotive market, due to the rise in fuel prices and the Kerala floods. However, things are different in the case of Nissan and the brand is trying hard to hold their place on the market, due to the lack of enough products.
Currently, Nissan India sells the entry-level Micra Active, their best-selling Micra, the spacious Sunny sedan and the capable Terrano five-seater SUV. The Nissan Terrano has become quite outdated compared to its main rivals such as the Renault Duster (with which it shares its chassis) and the new Hyundai Creta. On the other hand, sources have confirmed that the next-generation Nissan Micra will be coming to India.
As per reports, Nissan will be discontinuing the Terrano soon on account of its poor performance. To make up for this, the new Nissan Kicks will be introduced to slot in perfectly between its competitors. The premium SUV is expected to be debuted on 18th October 2018.
The Japanese also sells their top-of-the-line supercar, the Nissan GT-R. The R35 GT-R was launched back in late-2016 at a price of Rs 1.99 crore ex-showroom (Delhi). Being a product appealing to a niche audience, the GT-R is sold through a separate department under Nissan India rather than along their passenger cars.
Thoughts On Nissan Car Sales In India
Nissan is one brand operating in India which has got a huge potential to gain enough market share but is currently trying hard to do so. Even with Indian manufacturers such as Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and Mahindra leading the game, foreign-origin car brands (including Hyundai and Honda) are performing well on the market. Hopefully, the new business strategy shared by Nissan might make a difference.