TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Ananth Kumar Passes Away: PM Narendra Modi Flies Down To Bangalore
- Here Are all The Upcoming Smartphone Launches For The Month Of November 2018
- Maruti Electric Cars From E-Trio Automobiles: Electric Alto And WagonR
- Nick Jonas Bachelor's Party: New Pictures Emerge
- How To Turn Any Financial Crisis Into A Profit Making Opportunity?
- Migrane? Here Is a List Of Diseases Linked To Migraine
- Must-know Interesting Facts About Kochi
- ICC rankings: Kuldeep, Dhawan & Hafeez Move Up The Charts
Nissan introduced the all-new Micra hatchback in the global markets in 2017. The updated Micra features a new platform and comes with significant updates. Now, Overdrive reports that Nissan is working on an India-spec version of the new Micra.
The India-spec Micra will come with an affordable price tag as compared to the global model. The report also states that the Indian version of the new Micra will feature similar exterior design as compared to the global-spec model.
The new Micra in India will be based on the low-cost CMF-A platform as opposed to Nissan's V platform seen on the European version of the hatchback. This is similar to the India-spec Captur which is based on the Duster's platform.
The India-spec all-new Micra will also grow in dimension to suit the Indian conditions. The hatchback will also miss out on certain high-end features to keep the price in check. But the Nissan Micra will be equipped with all the essential features seen on a typical premium hatchback.
The all-new Nissan Micra for India will be loaded with features such as touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control and LED daytime running lights. The safety features of the new Micra will include ABS and airbags and it is expected to be offered as standard.
The new Nissan Micra is expected to carry forward the same 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine, but Nissan will work on the refinement of the engines. The Japanese automaker will also localise parts of the new Micra to price the hatchback aggressively.
Thoughts On The New Nissan Micra
The new Nissan Micra features significant updates as compared to the current-gen Micra sold in India. The new Micra is expected to improve the sales of the hatchback in the Indian market.
When launched in India, the all-new Micra will rival the likes of Maruti Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20 and the Honda Jazz.