- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Movies Arbaaz Khan Said THIS About Malaika Arora Afte She Makes Relationship With Arjun Kapoor Official
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Technology Xiaomi India Head Manu Jain Explains Why Redmi K20 Series Is Expensive
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Nissan has revealed their first sketches of the India-bound Kicks SUV. The new Nissan Kicks will be similar to the ones sold in the international market. Although, the Indian-spec will come with larger overall dimensions than the model sold globally.
The all-new Nissan Kicks will be longer and taller than the international-spec. The SUV will also come with a longer wheelbase, translating to a larger cabin space and a bigger boot as well.
The five-seater SUV offers a completely fresh design compared to any other Nissan product seen in India. The Kicks SUV will be placed above the Terrano offering in India's product line-up.
The global model of the Nissan Kicks SUV is based on the brand's V platform. However, the India-spec SUV will use the updated M0 platform, designed by Renault. This M0 platform also underpins other SUVs such as the Nissan Terrano, Renault Captur and the Duster as well.
The Nissan Kicks SUV is expected to carry forward the same engine options as seen on the Terrano, Duster and the Captur. This includes a 110bhp 1.5-litre diesel engine mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
The other engine option is the 106bhp 1.6-litre petrol unit mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. The petrol version of the Kicks SUVwill also come with the choice of a CVT transmission.
Nissan also announced their new strategy for the Indian market. As part of this aggressive push, the company plans to introduce new vehicles (starting with the Kicks SUV), expand dealership networks, optimise flexible manufacturing and also strengthen the R&D facilities in the country.
Thoughts On The India-Bound Nissan Kicks SUV
The Nissan Kicks SUV will be the first product launchfrom the company in five years. The Kicks once launched in India, will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, Honda BR-V and the Renault Captur.
The Nissan Kicks is expected to be priced around Rs 9 to 12 lakh, ex-showroom, with its launch expected sometime in early 2019.