- 14 hrs ago Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — TVC Targets Younger Buyers
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Variants Explained In Detail — The Best Model Of The Lot!
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Launched — Top Five Features And Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Rupee Opens Higher At 69.67
- News J&K: Two terrorists killed by security forces in Gopalpora area of Kulgam
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Well-rounded Raptors level series against Bucks
- Technology Samsung's latest 5x optical zoom camera sensor is just 5mm in thickness
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 13: Overtakes Srimanthudu To Reach A New Milestone!
- Lifestyle Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s Modern Suit At Cannes 2019 Has A Timeless Touch And She Looks Flawless
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
More Hyundai Santro 2018 Details Out: Hyundai India will soon unveil the much-awaited Santro hatchback on the 23rd of October. Aimed to be the modern iteration of the iconic hatchback from the 2000s, the new 2018 Hyundai Santro was spotted testing on Indian roads, numerous times.
The new Santro will be a replacement to the current Hyundai Eon and hence is the entry-level product from the South Korean brand's product portfolio in India. Not much was known about the car and a sketch of a concept named Hyundai AH2 is the only thing which hinted to the way it looks.
Now, Gaadiwaadi has managed to get some details about the dimensions of the new Hyundai Santro. The hatchback is 3610mm long, 1645mm wide, 1560mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2400mm. The ground clearance, on the other hand, is a decent 160mm.
At 235 litres, the boot capacity of the new Hyundai Santro is identical to that of the Maruti Celerio. To give a rough comparison, the Santro is wider than the Celerio but similarly tall. Even though expected to have the old tall-boy design, the new Santro should be proportioned similarly to the Celerio.
Powering the car is a 1.1-litre four-cylinder petrol engine which makes around 68bhp and 99Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to either a 5-speed manual or its respective AMT unit — a first for Hyundai. The Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) system, developed specifically for the Indian market, will be dubbed as ‘Smart Auto'.
Also Read: Maruti Vitara Brezza Wins South India's Biggest Motorsport Event
With a mileage figure suggested as 20.3km/l or more, the 2018 Hyundai Santro seems to offer less running costs too. A CNG version will be available but not on all markets.
The new Hyundai Santro, as per reports, will come in seven colour choices: Silver, Stardust, Marina Blue, Fiery Red, Diana Green and Imperial Beige. Safety features such as a driver side airbag, ABS and EBD will come as standard. The top trims will have dual front airbags and a touchscreen infotainment system which supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Once launched, the new Hyundai Santro will rival the Maruti WagonR and Renault Kwid. Prices are expected to start from around Rs 3 – 3.5 lakh ex-showroom.
*all images shown are of the old-generation Hyundai Santro, except for the render.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
The previous-generation Hyundai Santro was initially a big seller and was one of the first small cars from a foreign brand to gain good traction in the Indian market. But the company had to discontinue the product at a time when a lot of small cars which offer more were available to buy; causing the sales to go low. Hopefully, the new Hyundai Santro 2018 will bring good revenue to the company, considering the amount of anticipation the market is showing.