TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is Why ISRO's GSAT 7A Satellite Is Built Exclusively For The Indian Air Force!
- Criticising Virat Kohli For Not Playing A Spinner In Perth Is Unjustified — Praveen Kumar
- 2018 Best Smartphones With Fingerprint Sensor
- Mahindra XUV 300 Compact-SUV Now Official — Launch In February 2019
- Petrol And Diesel Remain Steady In Price Even As Crude Prices Fall
- Priyanka And Nick Get Romantic In This Unseen Picture!
- Best Winter Destinations To Visit From Pune
- Sanya Malhotra Rocked The Quirky Look In Her Latest Attire
South Korean automaker Hyundai had started the 'Naamkaran' naming campaign for its upcoming AH2 hatchback in August 2018. Now, the results for the contest has been revealed and the Hyundai Santro name has received the highest number of votes.
The Santro moniker has received an overwhelming 2,01,568 votes which clearly indicates that the people want the iconic name to make a comeback. Other names which were voted by the people were i5, Splash and Saneon. The new Hyundai Santro will make its global debut on October 23, 2018.
The winner of the Hyundai Naamkaran contest will drive home the new Santro at the launch ceremony of the new hatchback. The contest is still on and one can send the votes till September 25, 2018. But ahead of that the Santro name has emerged as a clear winner.
The new Hyundai Santro has been spotted testing on Indian roads and the hatchback will retain the signature tall-boy design. The front end of the new Santro will also feature a cascading grille similar to the other Hyundai cars. The new Santro will replace the Eon in the Indian market.
The new Hyundai Santro will be equipped with several premium features to tackle the competition. The Santro is likely to get a touchscreen infotainment system on the top-spec trim. Expect the overall interior design to be similar to the Grand i10 with a dual-tone theme.
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with a petrol engine and the hatchback will be also available with petrol-CNG and petrol-LPG options. The emerging reports state that the Hyundai Santro might also get an AMT gearbox. The hunchback will be equipped with standard safety features such as dual airbags and ABS.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
Hyundai is all set to launch the new Santro in the Indian market and now the results of the naming campaign have been revealed. As expected, the people have voted for the Santro moniker and it is set to make a comeback in the Indian market. More details will be revealed when the new Santro will make its debut on October 23, 2018.