- 45 min ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 1 hr ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- News Time for us to introspect says CPIM
- Lifestyle Time-restricted Eating For Weight Loss: Is It Effective?
- Movies Sri Reddy Learns That Pawan Kalyan Is No 1; Shocking Deets Inside!
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Polarised Square and Pilot sunglasses up for sale starting at Rs 899
- Sports Barcelona snap up Dutch teen star Reis from Groningen
- Finance Sensex At 45,000, Nifty At 13,500 By June 2020 On Modi's Return: Morgan Stanley
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
South Korean automaker Hyundai had started the 'Naamkaran' naming campaign for its upcoming AH2 hatchback in August 2018. Now, the results for the contest has been revealed and the Hyundai Santro name has received the highest number of votes.
The Santro moniker has received an overwhelming 2,01,568 votes which clearly indicates that the people want the iconic name to make a comeback. Other names which were voted by the people were i5, Splash and Saneon. The new Hyundai Santro will make its global debut on October 23, 2018.
The winner of the Hyundai Naamkaran contest will drive home the new Santro at the launch ceremony of the new hatchback. The contest is still on and one can send the votes till September 25, 2018. But ahead of that the Santro name has emerged as a clear winner.
The new Hyundai Santro has been spotted testing on Indian roads and the hatchback will retain the signature tall-boy design. The front end of the new Santro will also feature a cascading grille similar to the other Hyundai cars. The new Santro will replace the Eon in the Indian market.
The new Hyundai Santro will be equipped with several premium features to tackle the competition. The Santro is likely to get a touchscreen infotainment system on the top-spec trim. Expect the overall interior design to be similar to the Grand i10 with a dual-tone theme.
The new Hyundai Santro will be offered with a petrol engine and the hatchback will be also available with petrol-CNG and petrol-LPG options. The emerging reports state that the Hyundai Santro might also get an AMT gearbox. The hunchback will be equipped with standard safety features such as dual airbags and ABS.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Santro
Hyundai is all set to launch the new Santro in the Indian market and now the results of the naming campaign have been revealed. As expected, the people have voted for the Santro moniker and it is set to make a comeback in the Indian market. More details will be revealed when the new Santro will make its debut on October 23, 2018.