- News Now junior doctors in Telangana warn of strike
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M40 Vs Other Budget Smartphones With 6GB RAM
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
South Korean automaker Hyundai has revealed the first official sketch of the upcoming small hatchback which is codenamed as AH2. The new small hatchback is expected to be the new 2018 Hyundai Santro and it will be introduced in the Indian market by the end of this year.
With the official sketch being released, we can expect the launch to take place in the coming months. The new 2018 Hyundai Santro will replace the Eon. Hyundai states that the overall design theme of the AH2 is based on the ‘Rhythmical Tension' and will feature a sporty image with modern appeal.
Hyundai has been testing the new Santro for quite some time on Indian roads. The newly released sketch suggests that the new Santro will sport a sharp design and the hatchback will retain its tallboy design. But the new Santro gets a sloping roof design and a prominent shoulder line.
The new Hyundai Santro is also expected to get a roof-mounted spoiler, flared wheel arches and stylish headlamp design with LED DRLs. The hatchback will also feature Hyundai's signature cascading grille. Overall, the design of the new Hyundai Santro will be premium as compared to the previous model.
The interior of the 2018 Hyundai Santro is likely to feature a dual-tone theme with black and beige colour. The seat upholstery will also feature matching colours. The hatchback will get a three-spoke steering wheel, twin-pod instrument cluster and MID to display vital information.
The new 2018 Hyundai Santro is expected to draw power from a 1-litre petrol engine. Hyundai might also introduce an AMT gearbox on the new Santro as the AMT gearbox is popular among the entry-level hatchbacks. The car will also get a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard.
Thoughts On The 2018 Hyundai Santro
Hyundai is all set to introduce a new small hatchback in the Indian market and it is expected to revive the Santro brand. The hatchback will retain the signature tallboy stance and also feature some modern design elements. The new Hyundai Santro will rival the likes of Maruti Alto K10, Renault Kwid and Tata Tiago.