- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Hyundai is all set to introduce the new-gen avatar of the Santro hatchback in India and the company has been testing the car for quite some time. Now, the latest pictures from Powerdrift reveal more details of the upcoming new-gen Santro hatchback.
The latest spy pictures of the new-gen Santro revealed that the hatchback is in its production form. Despite being heavily camouflaged, the headlights, front grille, roof and A and B-pillar design has been revealed.
The new Hyundai Santro will be premium as compared to the old-gen model. The hatchback will feature Hyundai's Fluidic Sculpture 2.0 design language with cascading front grille, new headlamp design and cuts and creases.
The new-gen Hyundai Santro will also sport larger windows and the cabin will be spacious and equipped with premium features. The base variant model will be offered with steel wheels while the top-spec trim will be available with alloy wheels.
The top-spec variant of the new Hyundai Santro is expected to get premium features such as touchscreen infotainment system, climate control and digital MID. The interior might also feature dual-tone cabin colour.
Previously, the new Hyundai Santro was spotted in Delhi by The Automotive India. The car has changed little as compared to the previous spy images. But in the latest spy images, the car seems to be a production-ready model.
On the exterior, the next-gen Santro is likely to feature new design elements such as the cascading front grille, newly designed bumper and characteristic lines to give the hatchback an all-new look.
Being an entry-level offering from Hyundai, the new-gen Santro is expected to feature steel wheels with wheel cover as opposed to alloy wheels. The top-spec variant of the new Santro is likely to get LED daytime running lights, which will be a good addition to enhance the looks of the car.
The interior of the new Santro has not been revealed yet, but we expect the cabin to be spacious due to the tall-boy design. The top-spec variant of the car might also get a touchscreen infotainment system to keep up with the rivals as Hyundai is known to offer segment-first features.
Talking about the safety features, the new Hyundai Santro is likely to get dual airbags and ABS as standard. Hyundai might even offer reverse parking sensors on the top-of-the-range model. Hyundai might even surprise us by adding few more safety features.
On the mechanical front, the next-gen Santro is expected to draw power from a 1-litre petrol engine. The lower variants of the hatchback might get the 800cc petrol engine to keep the costs down. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual gearbox and Hyundai might even offer an AMT unit.
Thoughts On The Next-Gen Hyundai Santro
The Santro was one of the most successful hatchbacks for Hyundai in the Indian market. Now, Hyundai is all set to launch the new avatar of the hatchback. The new Hyundai Santro will be slotted between the Eon and the Grand i10.
Hyundai is expected to launch the new Santro in India by the end of 2018. Expect the new Santro to be priced in the range of Rs 4 lakh to Rs 5 lakh ex-showroom. The new Santro will rival the likes of Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago and Maruti Celerio.