The curtains have come down for the 14th edition of India's most prolific automotive event - the Auto Expo 2018, but not before car and bike manufacturer's revealed their vision of the future. From the stunning looking Tata H5X and the 45X to the TVS Zeppelin, manufacturers did not shy away from thinking out of the box and developing some of the best products for the Indian market.
Scroll down the page for the highlights of Auto Expo 2018 in pictures, with the most updated news and images at the bottom of the page.
Auto Expo 2018: Highlights
- New Maruti Swift launched in India at a competitive price tag of Rs 4.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Here is how the new Swift 2018 compares to the Maruti Baleno.
- Honda unveiled the second-generation Amaze sub-compact sedan; expected to be launched by mid-2018. For more details of the new Honda Amaze, here is our first look review of the new Honda Amaze.
- Hyundai launched the much-awaited Elite i20 facelift in India at Rs 5.34 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Here is what each variant of the new Hyundai i20 facelift has to offer.
- Tata took the wraps off its new SUV, the H5x as well as a premium hatchback, the 45X. While the H5X will rival the likes of Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass, the Tata 45X will compete with the Maruti Baleno and the newly launched i20 facelift.
- Mahindra at Auto Expo 2018 brought its 7-seater flagship SUV, the Rexton. The Mahindra badged SsangYong Rexton will be launched with a new name. Here the complete list of Mahindra SUVs and cars at Auto Expo 2018.
- Kia Motors debuted in India by unveiled the SP Concept, a compact SUV which will take on the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.
- While carmakers showcased their new and upcoming products at Auto Expo 2018, the bike manufacturers made their presence felt with exciting concepts, launches, unveils and electric vehicles.
- Honda X-Blade, a premium commuter bike, was unveiled along with the CBR 250R, but the most significant unveil was the Activa 5G with new features. Additionally, the bike manufacturer showcased its 2018 range of bikes and scooters, including the Livo, Hornet, Shine and the CB Unicorn.
- Aprilia had the most exciting lineup at Auto Expo 2018. The Italian company was expected to launch the SR 125, which it did. However, Aprilia surprised many with the global debut of the Aprilia RS 150 and the Tuono 150. It also showcased the Storm edition of the SR 125 scooter.
- India's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp showcased its newly unveiled Xtreme 200R and the XPulse entry-level adventure motorcycle along with the Duet 125 and the Maestro 125 scooters.
- TVS Motors at Auto Expo 2018 was full of concepts; the TVS Zeppelin cruiser concept was the most popular model at the TVS stall. The bike manufacturer also showcased its vision of the future with the TVS Creon electric scooter unveil. More details of TVS at Auto Expo 2018 here.
- UM Motorcycle launched the first electric cruiser, the Thor in India at Rs 4.9 lakh, along with the Renegade Duty range to rival the Bajaj Avenger Street 150. Here is our first look review of the Thor electric motorcycle.
- Suzuki too debuted the Burgman Street, a 125cc scooter which will compete with the newly launched Honda Grazia and the TVS Ntorq, while Yamaha launched the R15 V3 at Rs 1.25 lakh.
- BMW Motorrad is all set to debut the G310R and the G310GS in India by the end of 2018, and the bikes were showcased at Auto Expo 2018.
Major Highlights Of Day 6 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Public were treated to cars and bikes, concepts and 2018 edition models displayed by Indian and global automakers.
Main Highlights Of Day 5 At Auto Expo 2018:
Being a weekend and Sunday, the footfalls increased two-fold compared to Day 4. The public was treated to some of the best and new products from the Indian automobile industry.
Highlights Of Day 4 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Open to the public, day 4 at Auto Expo 2018 witnesses large crowd and were treated to new concepts, showcases and unveiled cars and bikes at the event.
- Bollywood Actor Taapsee Pannu launches #HelmetOnLifeOn which is part of Honda2Wheelers' Road Safety Campaign.
Top Highlights Of Day 3 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Yamaha R3 launched in India with a competitive price of Rs 3.48 lakh. John Abraham graced the occasion for the launch of the new R3 in India.
- The public was treated to concepts, special edition as well as cars and bikes which were launched or unveiled during the media days.
Here Are The Main Highlights Of Day 2 At Auto Expo 2018:
- New Maruti Swift launched in India with an attractive price of Rs 4.99 lakh
- UM Motorcycles launched India's First electric cruiser bike, Renegade Thor Emflux Motors launches India's first electric superbike, Emflux One
- UM Motorcycles also launched two new Renegade versions: Duty S and Duty Ace
- Twenty Two Motors launched its new electric scooter Flow priced at Rs 74,740
- Cleveland CycleWerks unveiled its line-up for India, Ace & Misfit
Here Are The Biggest Highlights Of Day 1 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Maruti Suzuki unveiled the Future S Concept
- Hyundai i20 Facelift Launched
- New-generation Honda Amaze, CR-V and Civic Unveiled
- Tata 45X (Premium Hatchback) and H5X (Flagship SUV) Concepts Unveiled
- Mahindra unveils new flagship SUV based on the SsangYong Rexton
- Honda Active 5G and XBlade 160cc motorcycle unveiled
- Kawasaki launches H2 SX and H2 SX SE
- TVS showcases Creon Electric Scooter
- Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc scooter showcased
- Hero Duet 125, Maestro Edge 125 and Xpulse 200 showcased
- Mercedes-Maybach S 650 launched
- BMW launches the new G 750 GS and G 850 GS adventure tourer motorcycles BMW 6 Series GT launched in India by Sachin Tendulkar
- Aprilia RS 150 Top Features You Should Know: RSV4-Inspired Design, ABS, Quick-Shifter & More
- Toyota 'Etios Series' To Receive Yet Another Facelift
- Aprilia SR 125 Top Features You Should Know: New 125cc Engine, 14-Inch Alloys, Disc Brake & More
- Volkswagen Polo And Ameo To Get New Petrol Engine — Power And Mileage Revealed
- Richard Hammond Rides A TVS Star In 'The Grand Tour' Season Two
- Mercedes-AMG GT Wind Tunnel Test Teaser Images Reveal The Coupe's Aerodynamic Qualities
- Yamaha YZF-R15 V3.0 Top Features You Should Know: New Design, Engine, Slipper Clutch & More
- Tata Tigor JTP Launch Details; Expected Price, Specs, Features & Images
- Mahindra Electric Delivers First Batch Of 50 eVerito Electric Vehicles Promoting eMobility Awareness
- Honda X-Blade Vs. Honda CB Hornet 160R — Which One Should You Buy?
The live blog has now closed
It's touchdown! We're at India's biggest and most-awaited automobile event ready to bring you live updates of cars, bikes, concepts, electric vehicles and the future of mobility solutions. Stay tuned for all the latest news the moment we hear it. Our team in Delhi will bring you the latest news from the ground while the team back at base will fill in any gaps we miss in the rush and bustle of media day. For now, here are some photos brought to you from inside the Auto Expo, showing you the preparations the of the most-awaited day.
Maruti At Auto Expo 2018
The Maruti Future S Concept is all wrapped up and ready for the unveil. The Future S concept from Maruti will give us an insight into the future of mobility and how Maruti will look to address the growing demand for SUVs. The new Maruti Future S will sit below the Vitara Brezza, but will still carry all the elements of an SUV such as high ground clearance, high seating and a raked A-pillar.
Kenichi Ayukawa, MD and CEO Maruti Suzuki beginning the proceedings of the Maruti cars at Auto Expo 2018. He says, the new design language seen in the Future S Concpet will offer a glimpse of Maruti and its road ahead.
RS Kalsi Executive Director, Marketing & Sales - Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. says the new Maruti Future S is developed keeping in mind all the elements of an SUV such as high road stance, high seating, high ground clearance among others.
Auto Expo 2018: Maruit Future S Concept Unveiled
The Maruti Future S Concept unveiled at the Auto Expo 2018. The new concept is futuristic looking, with a new and unique front A-pillar nicely integrated to Maruti concept SUV for the future.
Here is a clear look at the Maruti Future S concept. It's looking futuristic indeed.
Honda At Auto Expo 2018
Honda is all set to unveil its new-generation Honda Amaze for India. We're at the Honda stall and waiting with baited breath to find out what's in store from the Japanese carmaker. Honda is expected to unveil Civic and the next-generation CR-V SUV.
New Honda Amaze Facelift Revealed
Honda has taken the wraps off the new Honda Amaze. The new-generation Amaze looks stunning and departures from its previous design language. The all-new Honda Amaze looks quite chunky and beefy compared to the previous model.
Kia At Auto Expo 2018
Kia Motors, subsidiary of Hyundai officially debuts in India. Kia has taken the opportunity of debuting at India's biggest automotive event Auto Expo 2018. Welcome Kia Motors to India.
Mr. Han-Woo Park is President, Co-Chief Executive Officer & Director at Kia Motors Corp talks about the company's plan for India and how it plans to increase its presence in India.
Kia Motors is looking to introduce 16 electrified vehicles globally by 2025.
Auto Expo 2018: Kia Motors' Andhra manufacturing plant to be ready by 2019
Kia Motors has invested Rs 7,500 crore in India and is looking to capture a massive market share in India. Its plant in Andhra Pradesh will produce the upcoming Sorento SUV and the other products.
Renault At Auto Expo 2018
Renault has opened two design centres to cater exclusively to India and its automobile industry.
Auto Expo 2018: Renault Trezor Concept Revealed
Renault Trezor concept revealed at the Auto Expo 2018. The Trezor concept was unveiled at the 2016 Paris Motor Show and is expected to be put into production by 2020. The clamshell like roof allows passengers to enter and exit the Trezor. The Trezor also uses carbon-fiber chassis and a wooden frame under the bonnet.
Hyundai At Auto Expo 2018
MR. Y K Koo, MD & CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. begins the proceeding of its event at the Auto Expo 2018. Hyundai will unveil the Ioniq EV to give a glimpse of the company's vision for India in the electric vehicle segment.
Hyundai Is All Set To Debut The i20 Facelift
Mr. Amit Dhaundiyal, GM, Product Planning, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. is here to introduce us to the all-new i20 facelift premium hatchback.
Hyundai i20 Facelift Debuts
Hyundai has finally debuted the i20 facelift in India. The new Hyundai i20 facelift looks brilliant with its new cascading front grille and LED daytime running lights. The facelift Hyundai i20 will be available in dual-tone colour scheme to add to its sporty nature.
Hyundai i20 Facelift Prices Start At Rs 5.34 Lakh
Hyundai has launched the i20 facelift with prices starting at Rs 5.34 lakh and going all the way up to Rs 9.15 lakh depending upon the model.
Suzuki Motorcycles At Auto Expo 2018
Suzuki is all set introduce three vehicles at the Auto Expo; however, we are more keen on the Burgman Street 125cc scooter for India.
Aprilia At Auto Expo 2018
Aprilia is all set to unveil a new scooter for India. We expect it to be the SR125, that said, let's wait for the event to unfold even as we get more details.
Aprilia Storm Revealed
Aprilia has taken the revealed an all-new scooter named the Aprilia Storm, a special edition of the SR range.
Aprila SR 125 Revealed
Aprilia SR125 revealed at the Auto Expo 2018. The new SR125 will rival the likes of Honda Grazia, TVS Ntorq and the Suzuki Burgman Street in India.
Auto Expo 2018: Hero MotoCorp Begins Proceedings At The Event
Hero MotoCorp CTO, Markus on stage to reveal the two new products for India. We expect it to be new scooters.
Hero Duet 125 And Meastro 125 Launched In India
Hero MotoCorp has Launched two new scooters: Duet 125 and Maestro Edge 125 at the Auto Expo 2018. Both the scooters share the same 125cc engine.
Honda Motorcycles At Auto Expo 2018
Massive crowd at the Honda Motorcycles & Scooter Stall at the Auto Expo in Delhi. Looks like the leading scooter maker is set to launch a new premium bike for the Indian market.
Honda Activa 5G Unveiled At Auto Expo 2018
Honda has unveiled the new Activa 5G scooter for the Indian market. Looks like the Activa brand will consolidate its position for a long time. Are its rivals such as TVS and Hero listening?
Honda Xblade Revealed For The First Time
Honda Xblade revealed in India for the first time. The Xblade is a premium commuter bike and will be positioned above the Honda Shine and the Unicorn motorcycles.
Honda Xblade Engine Specifications
The Honda Xblade is powered by a 162.71cc single cylinder engine producing 13.82bhp and 13.92Nm of torque. The new Xblade features all-digital instrument console, LED headlight, alloy wheels among toothers.
Honda Xblade Colours
Honda Xblade colours: Matte Marvel Blue Metallic, Matte Frozen Silver Metallic, Pearl Spartan Red, Pearl Igneous Black and Matte Marshal Green Metallic.
Tata Motors At Auto Expo 2018
We're at the Tata Motors stall as Auto Expo 2018 as we are excited to know what holds in store for us. Tata Motors have been teasing images of a new 7-searer SUV and the premium hatchback. Will it unveil the new products today?
Mr Guenter Butschek CEO and Managing Director, Tata Motors takes stage to introduce new Tata cars at the Auto Expo 2018. Additionally, the company will reveal its new IMPACT Design Philosophy 2.0 which will spawn new products from the home-grown automaker.
Tata H5X Revealed
Tata Motors has revealed the Tata H5X concept based on the company's nee platform and new design language. The H5X does look like a true blue SUV for the future.
Tata 45X Concept Premium Hatchback Revealed
Tata 45X concept premium hatchback revealed. The new 45X hatchback will rival the likes of Maruti Baleno and Hyundai i20, but with the new Tata's design language, Tata could have a winner in its hands. That said, we need to see how much of this concept translates to production.
Tata Tiago JTP & Tata Tigor JTP Revealed
Tata Motors also took the wraps off the sporty versions of the Tiago hatchback and the Tigor compact sedan called the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP. Here's a look at it.
Mercedes-Benz At Auto Expo 2018
We're at the the Mercedes-Benz stall at the Auto Expo 2018. Mercedes is set to launch the Maybach S650, E-Class All-Terrain and the EQ Concept to India.
Mercedes-Maybach S650 Launched In India
Mercedes-Maybach S650 launched in India. The S650 sitsat the top of Mercedes-Benz's line up and features a long wheelbase, handcrafted cabin and a host of other exclusive features. The Mercedes-Maybach S650 prices have been announced and is priced at Rs 2.73 crore ex-showroom (India). Mercedes also launched the S560 in India with a price tag of Rs 1.94 crore.
Mercedes-Benz also showcased its EQ Concept which made its debut at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. The EQ Concept will be the basis of the future Mercedes cars especially in the electric car segment.
Toyota At Auto Expo 2018
Toyota is all set to debut its first mid-sized sedan in India. Could it be the Vios or the Yaris sedan? We'll know about it in a while.
Toyota Yaris Unveiled In India
Toyota has finally taken the wraps off the mid-sized sedan Yaris for India. The Yaris sedan will rival the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento.
Mahindra At Auto Expo 2018
Mahindra will offer a glimpse of the future with concepts, platforms, mobility solutions and new products unveils, launches and showcases.
Mahindra TUV Stinger Convertible SUV Concept Revealed
Mahindra took the wraps off the TUV Stinger convertible SUV concept. Might we say that Mahindra could have conceptualized a little better. The Mahindra XUV Aero was a better concept than the TUV Stinger.
Mahindra Flagship SUV (Rexton) Revealed
Mahindra has revealed its flagship SUV based on the 4th generation SsangYong Rexton. Mahindra says that the SUV will be launched by the end of 2018 and the will reveal the name of vehicle during the launch.
Suzuki e Survivor Concept SUV Showcased
Maruti has showcased the eSurvivor, a concept electric SUV which will form the basis of future vehicles from Suzuki and Maruti as well.
MINI At Auto Expo 2018
MINI is all set to launch the new MINI Countryman in India. The new Countryman features a new design language and re-engineered.
MINI Countryman Will Be A 'Made-in-India' Product
BMW India head Vikram Pawah takes to the stage to announce that the new MINI Countryman will be manufactured at the Chennai plant.
BMW G 310R & G 310GS Showcased At The Auto Expo 2018
BMW Motorrad has unveiled the G 310GS and the G 310R and says that both the bikes will be launches by the end of 2018.
BMW G 750GS & G 850GS Launched In India
BMW has launched the G 750GS and the G 850GS in India at Rs 12.20 lakh and Rs. 13.70 lakh respectively. All prices are ex-showroom.
BMW i3 &new BMW i8 Showcased In India
BMW took the wraps off the new i3 and i8 in India. The company is still evaluating the launch of i3S in India.
New BMW X3 Unveiled In India
BMW unveiled the new X3 in India while the launch is expected by the end of 2018. The all-new X3's platform is reworked to offer better driving dynamics.
New-Generation BMW M5 Launched In India
BMW has launched the new-generation M5 in India. The all-new BMW M5 is priced at Rs 1.43 crore. The new BMW M5 can sprint to 100kmph in 3.4 seconds and enabled by the 600bhp of power and 750Nm of torque engine.
BMW 6-Series GT Launched In India; Priced At Rs 58.90 Lakh
BMW India has launched the new 6 Series GT with a price tag of Rs 58.90 lakh. Cricket demi-God Sachin Tendulkar and BMW India Head Vikram Pawah took the wraps off the GT.
Auto Expo 2018: Day 2 Proceedings
Day 1 at Auto Expo 2018 gave us a glimpse of the future of India's automobile industry. Day 2 at Auto Expo 2018 will offer insights into the electric vehicle segment, a significant launch, unveils as well as debuts. Maruti Suzuki will launch the 2018 Swift, UM Motorcycles will debut India's first electric cruiser, Renegade Thor, while Emflux Motors, a startup, will unveil India's first electric superbike. So stay tuned for live updates from the Auto Expo 2018 even as we bring you the latest news, images, launches, unveils and more.
Auto Expo 2018: Cleveland CycleWerks Begins The Proceedings Of Day 2
Cleveland CycleWerks is an USA based customisation company which builds cruisers, scramblers and retro-modern bikes.
Auto Expo 2018: Cleveland CycleWerks Ace & Misfits Unveiled
Cleveland CycleWerks has unveiled two retro-inspired motorcycles: Ace and Misfit. Both the Ace and the Misfit is powered by a 229cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine which produces 15bhp and 16Nm of torque.
Auto Expo 2018: Emflux Is All Set To Launch India's First Electric Superbike
Emflux is all set to debut India's first elecrtric superbike in India named the 'Emflux One'
Auto Expo 2018: Emflux One Electric Superbike Launched In India
Emflux One electric superbike launched in India. The new Emflux One is priced at Rs 6 lakh for the basic model, while the version with three performance upgrades of Ohlins suspension, forged alloy wheels and ultralight carbon fiber panels is priced at Rs 11 lakh. All prices are on-road.
Auto Expo 2018: Emflux One Features & Specifications
The Emflux One is powered by a 9.7kwh battery which sends power to a 60kw motor coupled with a single speed reduction gearbox. The powerful motor helps the Emflux One from 0-100kmph in 3 seconds with a riding range of 200km in city conditions and 150km at 80kmph.
Auto Expo 2018: Lohia Auto Showcases Its Electric Range Of Vehicles
Lohia Auto has unveiled a range of electric commercial vehicles at the event.
Auto Expo 2018: Twenty Two Motors Reveals Electric Scooters
Another startup, Twenty Two motors launches India's first AI-enabled, cloud-connected scooter FLOW. The Flow electric scooter is priced at Rs 74,740. The Flow electric scooter is powered by a Lithium Ion battery, which can be charged in 5 hours with riding range of 80km with a top speed of 60kmph in a single charge.
Auto Expo 2018: New Maruti Swift 2018 Launch
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch the much-loved Swift hatchback in India. While the company has revealed all the details of the new Swift, the only aspect left is the price.
Auto Expo 2018: New Maruti Swift Launched At Rs 4.99 lakh
New Maruti Swift 2018 launched at Rs 4.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The price is quite competitive and is just about Rs 20,000 more than the previous model. Maruti sure does know how to price a car for India.
Auto Expo 2018: New Maruti Swift Price
Maruti Suzuki sure knows how to price a vehicle competitively in the Indian market. While many predicted the price of the new Swift to be in the range of Rs 5.80 lakh, Maruti has surprised us with the price tag of Rs 4.99 lakh. Please note that this price is introductory.
Auto Expo 2018: UM Renegade Thor Electric Cruiser Launched In India
UM Motorcycles has launched India's first electric cruiser priced at Rs 4.9 lakh ex-showroom. The UM Thor is a first of its kind in India and could begin the revolution of electric bikes in India.
Auto Expo 2018: Day 3
Day 2 at Auto Expo 2018 witnessed the launch of the new Maruti Swift 2018 in India and a host of electric bikes. Day 3 at Auto Expo 2018 is opened to the public. Stay tuned as we bring you
Auto Expo 2018: John Abraham Launches New Yamaha R3 At Rs 3.48 Lakh
Yamaha India along with John Abraham launched the new Yamaha R3 at Rs 3.48 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new R3 will rival the likes of TVS Apache RR310, Kawasaki Ninja 300, and the Benelli 302R in the Indian market.
Auto Expo 2018: Day 4 - Public Day
Day 4 at the Auto Expo 2018 is opened to the public and we see the crowd streaming in to see some of the best showcases, unveils, concepts and models which will eventually make it production.
Auto Expo 2018: Public Treated To EVs, Upcoming Cars & Bikes, Concepts & More
The public seems to have taken a liking to the new Toyota Yaris sedan. The Yaris will rival the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Ciaz, Skoda Rapid and the Volkswagen Vento in India.
Auto Expo 2018: New Maruti Ertiga Special Edition Showcased
Maruti Suzuki has showcased the special edition Maruti Ertiga MPV at the Auto Expo 2018. The Ertiga special edition gets front under body, side and rear skirts offering a sporty version of the MPV.
Auto Expo 2018: Taapsee Pannu launches #HelmetOnLifeOn Honda 2Wheelers India’s Road Safety campaign
Bollywood actor Taapsee Pannu launches #HelmetOnLifeOn which is part of Honda Two-Wheelers' Road Safety Campaign at Auto Expo 2018.
Auto Expo 2018: The New Honda Amaze Is Displayed For The Public
The all-new Honda Amaze has been facelifted and the new design language makes the compact sedan an excellent alternative to the Maruti Dzire.
Auto Expo 2018: Day 6 Opened To The Public
The public will be treated to some of the best cars and bikes at Auto Expo 2018. From concepts, unveils to production models, one can witness new and upcoming cars and bikes in India.