The curtains have come down for the 14th edition of India's most prolific automotive event - the Auto Expo 2018, but not before car and bike manufacturer's revealed their vision of the future. From the stunning looking Tata H5X and the 45X to the TVS Zeppelin, manufacturers did not shy away from thinking out of the box and developing some of the best products for the Indian market.
Scroll down the page for the highlights of Auto Expo 2018 in pictures, with the most updated news and images at the bottom of the page.
Auto Expo 2018: Highlights
- New Maruti Swift launched in India at a competitive price tag of Rs 4.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Here is how the new Swift 2018 compares to the Maruti Baleno.
- Honda unveiled the second-generation Amaze sub-compact sedan; expected to be launched by mid-2018. For more details of the new Honda Amaze, here is our first look review of the new Honda Amaze.
- Hyundai launched the much-awaited Elite i20 facelift in India at Rs 5.34 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Here is what each variant of the new Hyundai i20 facelift has to offer.
- Tata took the wraps off its new SUV, the H5x as well as a premium hatchback, the 45X. While the H5X will rival the likes of Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass, the Tata 45X will compete with the Maruti Baleno and the newly launched i20 facelift.
- Mahindra at Auto Expo 2018 brought its 7-seater flagship SUV, the Rexton. The Mahindra badged SsangYong Rexton will be launched with a new name. Here the complete list of Mahindra SUVs and cars at Auto Expo 2018.
- Kia Motors debuted in India by unveiled the SP Concept, a compact SUV which will take on the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV500 in the Indian market.
- While carmakers showcased their new and upcoming products at Auto Expo 2018, the bike manufacturers made their presence felt with exciting concepts, launches, unveils and electric vehicles.
- Honda X-Blade, a premium commuter bike, was unveiled along with the CBR 250R, but the most significant unveil was the Activa 5G with new features. Additionally, the bike manufacturer showcased its 2018 range of bikes and scooters, including the Livo, Hornet, Shine and the CB Unicorn.
- Aprilia had the most exciting lineup at Auto Expo 2018. The Italian company was expected to launch the SR 125, which it did. However, Aprilia surprised many with the global debut of the Aprilia RS 150 and the Tuono 150. It also showcased the Storm edition of the SR 125 scooter.
- India's largest two-wheeler manufacturer, Hero MotoCorp showcased its newly unveiled Xtreme 200R and the XPulse entry-level adventure motorcycle along with the Duet 125 and the Maestro 125 scooters.
- TVS Motors at Auto Expo 2018 was full of concepts; the TVS Zeppelin cruiser concept was the most popular model at the TVS stall. The bike manufacturer also showcased its vision of the future with the TVS Creon electric scooter unveil. More details of TVS at Auto Expo 2018 here.
- UM Motorcycle launched the first electric cruiser, the Thor in India at Rs 4.9 lakh, along with the Renegade Duty range to rival the Bajaj Avenger Street 150. Here is our first look review of the Thor electric motorcycle.
- Suzuki too debuted the Burgman Street, a 125cc scooter which will compete with the newly launched Honda Grazia and the TVS Ntorq, while Yamaha launched the R15 V3 at Rs 1.25 lakh.
- BMW Motorrad is all set to debut the G310R and the G310GS in India by the end of 2018, and the bikes were showcased at Auto Expo 2018.
Major Highlights Of Day 6 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Public were treated to cars and bikes, concepts and 2018 edition models displayed by Indian and global automakers.
Main Highlights Of Day 5 At Auto Expo 2018:
Being a weekend and Sunday, the footfalls increased two-fold compared to Day 4. The public was treated to some of the best and new products from the Indian automobile industry.
Highlights Of Day 4 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Open to the public, day 4 at Auto Expo 2018 witnesses large crowd and were treated to new concepts, showcases and unveiled cars and bikes at the event.
- Bollywood Actor Taapsee Pannu launches #HelmetOnLifeOn which is part of Honda2Wheelers' Road Safety Campaign.
Top Highlights Of Day 3 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Yamaha R3 launched in India with a competitive price of Rs 3.48 lakh. John Abraham graced the occasion for the launch of the new R3 in India.
- The public was treated to concepts, special edition as well as cars and bikes which were launched or unveiled during the media days.
Here Are The Main Highlights Of Day 2 At Auto Expo 2018:
- New Maruti Swift launched in India with an attractive price of Rs 4.99 lakh
- UM Motorcycles launched India's First electric cruiser bike, Renegade Thor Emflux Motors launches India's first electric superbike, Emflux One
- UM Motorcycles also launched two new Renegade versions: Duty S and Duty Ace
- Twenty Two Motors launched its new electric scooter Flow priced at Rs 74,740
- Cleveland CycleWerks unveiled its line-up for India, Ace & Misfit
Here Are The Biggest Highlights Of Day 1 At Auto Expo 2018:
- Maruti Suzuki unveiled the Future S Concept
- Hyundai i20 Facelift Launched
- New-generation Honda Amaze, CR-V and Civic Unveiled
- Tata 45X (Premium Hatchback) and H5X (Flagship SUV) Concepts Unveiled
- Mahindra unveils new flagship SUV based on the SsangYong Rexton
- Honda Active 5G and XBlade 160cc motorcycle unveiled
- Kawasaki launches H2 SX and H2 SX SE
- TVS showcases Creon Electric Scooter
- Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc scooter showcased
- Hero Duet 125, Maestro Edge 125 and Xpulse 200 showcased
- Mercedes-Maybach S 650 launched
- BMW launches the new G 750 GS and G 850 GS adventure tourer motorcycles BMW 6 Series GT launched in India by Sachin Tendulkar