TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Hyundai has launched the i20 facelift model at Auto Expo 2018 in India at a competitive price of Rs 5.34 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new i20 facelift gets minor cosmetic changes on the exterior, apart from that the 2018 Hyundai i20 receives additional equipment on the inside. The facelifted Hyundai i20 continues to employ the current set of engines, but Hyundai has discontinued the 1.4-litre petrol engine. Instead, the premium hatchback gets a 1.2-litre petrol unit. To have more clarity on what each of the variants has to offer, we bring you the new Hyundai i20 facelift variants in detail.
The new i20 is available in five variants: the Era, Magna Executive, Sports, Asta and the fully-loaded Asta (O). While the petrol engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual, the diesel model comes paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox. Surprisingly, Hyundai has not offered an automatic gearbox, but reports suggest that the carmaker could launch a CVT gearbox at a later stage. Among the standard features of the new i20 are dual front airbags and ABS with the top-spec variant getting six airbags, ISOFIX and Smart Pedal.
Before we get into the details of the new i20 variants, here are the specifications of the premium hatchback. The 2018 i20 is powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine which produces 83bhp @ 6,000rpm and 115Nm of torque @ 4,000rpm, while the diesel model draws power from a 1.5-litre engine which develops 89bhp @ 4,000rpm and 219Nm of torque @ 1,500rpm.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Era Variant (Petrol/ Diesel) Rs 5.34 lakh-Rs 6.73 lakh
- 5-Speed/ 6-Speed manual gearbox
- Dual front airbags and ABS
- Speed-sensing door locks
- Engine immobiliser
- Gear-shift indicator
- Manual climate control
- Body-coloured bumpers
- Steel wheels
- Front power windows
The base variant of the new Hyundai i20 is feature-rich for the price Rs 5.34 lakh for the petrol and Rs 6.73 lakh for the diesel model. Compared to the previous version, the all-new Hyundai i20 is a lot safer with standard fitment of dual front airbags and ABS, although Hyundai could have offered ISOFIX child seat anchorage as a standard feature as well.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Magna Executive Variant (Petrol/ Diesel) Rs 6 lakh-Rs 7.31 lakh
- Body-coloured outside rearview mirrors (ORVMs)
- Wheel covers for steel wheels
- Audio player with front and rear speakers
- Front tweeters
- AUX and USB ports
- Power windows
- Cooled glovebox
- Rear AC vents
- Electrically adjustable outside rearview mirrors
For about Rs 66,000 for the petrol model and Rs 55,000 over the Era variant, the Magna Executive gets an audio system, power windows, rear AC vents and electrically adjustable ORVMs features which set it apart from the base variant.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Sportz Variant (Petrol/ Diesel) Rs 6.59 lakh-Rs 7.83 lakh
- Front fog lamps
- Keyless entry
- Follow-me-home headlamps
- Rear defogger
- Daytime running lights (DRL)
- Turn indicators on ORVMs
- Electrically foldable ORVMs
- Rear parcel tray
- Height adjustable driver's seat
- Front and rear tweeters
- Bluetooth telephony
- Steering-mounted controls
The Hyundai i20 Sportz variant is nearly Rs 60,000 and Rs 52,000 more for the petrol and the diesel model respectively over the Magna Executive, Hyundai is offering comfort and convenience features, and there isn't any significant increase in the equipment levels. Also, the DRLs are placed near the fog lamp and not with the headlamps, which is quite a letdown.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Asta (Petrol/ Diesel) Rs 7.12 lakh-Rs 8.36 lakh
- Reverse parking camera with sensors
- 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 15-inch alloy wheels (16-inch wheels on the dual-tone variant)
- Adjustable rear headrests
- Sliding front armrest
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, MirrorLink connectivity
- Arkamys audio system
- USB charger
- Voice commands
- Auto climate control
- Tilt/ Telescopic steering adjust
Compared to the i20 Sportz variant, the Asta is about Rs 53,000 more for both the petrol and the diesel models. The new i20 Asta variant is feature-rich which boasts of touchscreen infotainment system, alloy wheels, reverse parking camera, Arkamys audio system, auto climate control among others. The new Elite i20 facelift in the Asta variant of the diesel models is the best option with several excellent features.
New Hyundai i20 Facelift Asta (O) (Petrol/ Diesel) Rs 7.91 lakh-Rs 9.16 lakh
- Six airbags (Curtain and side)
- Automatic headlamps
- Keyless entry/go
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
- Height-adjustable seatbelts for driver and passenger
- LED daytime running lights with projector headlamps
- Cornering lights
- Chrome door handles
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob
- Steering position reminder with service reminder
- Rear wiper with washer
The top-spec Asta (O) variant of the new i20 facelift is the most feature rich. Compared to the Asta variant, the optional variant is about Rs 80,000 more. The Asta (O) variant comes with features such as six airbags, projector headlamps with LED DRL, keyless entry among other along with feature-rich interiors.
Thoughts About The New Hyundai i20 Facelift Variants
While Hyundai has made sure every variant has an excellent level of equipment, we found the Asta model to be the most feature-rich and worth the money you invest. The new i20 facelift Asta variant is our choice although for about Rs 80,000 more you can choose the fully-loaded Asta (O) variant.