- 12 hrs ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- 16 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
- 1 day ago Yamaha Force 2.0 Launched In Taiwan
- 1 day ago Limited-Edition Toyota Innova Crysta Launched In India: Comes With HUD, 360-Degree Camera, And More Features
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Lifestyle What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
2017 Los Angeles Auto Show: Jeep Wrangler revealed. The fourth-generation (JK) Wrangler will hit showrooms in 2018.
The new Wrangler remains mostly unchanged regarding design sticking with the boxy design that has enthralled off-roading fans since it first arrived in 1987. The major changes include LED lighting (headlamps, indicators and tail lights) along with more roof options.
Inside, the new Jeep Wrangler comes with a new dash setup. Top spec Wranglers get a 7.0-inch LED instrument cluster display along with an 8.3-inch infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Lower spec versions of the Wrangler get either 7.0 or 5.0-inch infotainment displays and a 3.5-inch display between the regular analogue dials.
The new Jeep Wrangler is available with four powertrain options. The base Wrangler powertrain is a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol mild hybrid that produces 266bhp and 400Nm of torque. The larger 3.6-litre V6 petrol with 281bhp and 353Nm of torque.
The sole diesel is a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged engine cranking out 256bhp and 600Nm of torque. Jeep also announced that the Wrangler would get a plug-in hybrid powertrain in 2020.
All Wranglers are connected to a 6-speed manual gearbox as standard though an 8-speed automatic will be offered as an option. The Wrangler sends power to all four wheels and Jeep is offering a 4:1 low-ratio locking differentials for all variants except for the Rubicon, where the off-road tech is standard equipment.
The Wrangler Rubicon also gets a host of other off-roading features including the Rox-Trac four-wheel drive system, beefed up front and rear axles, and an electronic sway bar. Jeep is also offering a limited slip differential for the rear which improves grip in slippery conditions.
Jeep claims that the new Wrangler can drive up inclines with a 44-degree approach and a departure angle of 37 degrees. The Wrangler has a ground clearance of 277mm and can wade through water that is up to 760mm deep.
The fourth-gen Jeep Wrangler remains true to its off-roading heritage by retaining its robust design and offering customers a boatload of tech. However, by bringing hybrids into its lineup, Jeep has shown that even the most retro of SUVs has to move on with the times.