- 40 min ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now.
- 2 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- 3 hrs ago Aprilia Storm 125 Launched — Priced At Rs 65000 Ex-Showroom
- News Kudos! Not a single MLA with criminal background in Sikkim assembly
- Finance Global Brokerages View Modi2 To Push Some Of These Stocks
- Movies When Trisha Came Up With A BOLD & BEFITTING Reply To A CLICHED Question!
- Technology Win Infinix S4 for just Re1 with Flipkart’s answer and win contest
- Sports La Liga, Real Betis join hands to promote Spanish football internationally
- Lifestyle Methemoglobinemia: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Ducati India has announced revised prices of its Completely Built Unit (CBU) or imported bikes to India.
The Italian bike manufacturer imports only four bikes from product portfolio in India from its factory in Italy.
These four bikes benefit from the recent reduction in import tax from 75 percent to 50 percent, thereby witnessing a decrease of 25 percent.
The four Ducati imported bikes are the Ducati Monster 1200, Monster 1200 S (red), Monster 1200 S (charcoal grey) and the Panigale R Final Edition.
Ducati also sells Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units in India, but the brand is not affected by the revision in prices.
The bike manufacturer imports almost most of its products from Thailand.
Since India and Thailand have a Free Trade Agreement, import duties are significantly lower.
However, bikes are being imported from Italy gets a price reduction based on the new import duties.
Other brands such as BMW, Harley-Davidson, Triumph and Indian Motorcycles have announced a reduction in the price of their bikes.
Here's the revised and new Ducati bike price list:
|Model||Old Price||New Price||Difference|
|Monster 1200||Rs 23.02 Lakh||Rs 20.10 Lakh||Rs 2.92 Lakh|
|Monster 1200 S (Red)||Rs 28.12 Lakh||Rs 24.63 Lakh||Rs 3.49 Lakh|
|Monster 1200 S (Charcoal Grey)||Rs 28.21 Lakh||Rs 24.73 Lakh||Rs 3.48 Lakh|
|Panigale R Final Edition||Rs 59.18 Lakh||Rs 51.82 Lakh||Rs 7.36 Lakh|
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The New Ducati Bike Prices
While the Indian government has reduced the import taxes by 25 percent, bike manufacturer's are not passing on the entire benefit to customers.
Ducati's new price list reveals the reduction is in the range of 12 to 13 percent.
But this has to do with the new Goods and Service Tax (GST) and the Social Welfare Surcharge, which has replaced Educational Cess and Secondary and Higher Education Cess.
The Social Welfare Surcharge is 10 percent, while those of the educational cess was 3 percent.