- 4 hrs ago Mercedes-Benz Luxe Drive Bangalore Edition: Here Are The Highlights
- 6 hrs ago Indian Government Prefers Hyundai Kona EV Over Mahindra & Tata
- 9 hrs ago Idemitsu Honda India Talent Hunt 2019 Reaches Bangalore: Hunt For India's Next-Gen Racing Talent
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Tata Tigor Spied Testing Ahead Of Its Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Joins Hands With UNICEF To Raise His Voice Against Child S*xual Abuse
- News 25-year-old Marathi actress dies post delivery; kin blame lack of ambulance
- Sports ISL 2019-20: NorthEast take a point from Bengaluru FC
- Technology Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro Massive Leak Reveals Specs And Price Ahead Of Launch
- Lifestyle 6 Fascinating Health Benefits Of Farro, The Nutrient-packed Ancient Grain
- Education Explore IBPS RRB Clerk Main Exam Analysis 2019
- Finance Sovereign Gold Bond Series VI Opens; Good Alternative To Physical Gold On Dhanteras
- Travel Hidlumane Waterfalls - How To Reach And Things To Do
Ducati India has announced revised prices of its Completely Built Unit (CBU) or imported bikes to India.
The Italian bike manufacturer imports only four bikes from product portfolio in India from its factory in Italy.
These four bikes benefit from the recent reduction in import tax from 75 percent to 50 percent, thereby witnessing a decrease of 25 percent.
The four Ducati imported bikes are the Ducati Monster 1200, Monster 1200 S (red), Monster 1200 S (charcoal grey) and the Panigale R Final Edition.
Ducati also sells Completely Knocked Down (CKD) units in India, but the brand is not affected by the revision in prices.
The bike manufacturer imports almost most of its products from Thailand.
Since India and Thailand have a Free Trade Agreement, import duties are significantly lower.
However, bikes are being imported from Italy gets a price reduction based on the new import duties.
Other brands such as BMW, Harley-Davidson, Triumph and Indian Motorcycles have announced a reduction in the price of their bikes.
Here's the revised and new Ducati bike price list:
|Model||Old Price||New Price||Difference|
|Monster 1200||Rs 23.02 Lakh||Rs 20.10 Lakh||Rs 2.92 Lakh|
|Monster 1200 S (Red)||Rs 28.12 Lakh||Rs 24.63 Lakh||Rs 3.49 Lakh|
|Monster 1200 S (Charcoal Grey)||Rs 28.21 Lakh||Rs 24.73 Lakh||Rs 3.48 Lakh|
|Panigale R Final Edition||Rs 59.18 Lakh||Rs 51.82 Lakh||Rs 7.36 Lakh|
DriveSpark's Thoughts About The New Ducati Bike Prices
While the Indian government has reduced the import taxes by 25 percent, bike manufacturer's are not passing on the entire benefit to customers.
Ducati's new price list reveals the reduction is in the range of 12 to 13 percent.
But this has to do with the new Goods and Service Tax (GST) and the Social Welfare Surcharge, which has replaced Educational Cess and Secondary and Higher Education Cess.
The Social Welfare Surcharge is 10 percent, while those of the educational cess was 3 percent.