TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Finding something that you once lost is one of the best feelings ever. For this man from Iowa though, it might have felt like heaven and would have definitely sent him down memory lane. Ray Schmuecker is a 93-year-old man who recently found his wedding ring that he had lost 45 years ago.
Of all the places his ring could have been in, it was found inside the engine of his 1972 Oldsmobile 98. How it got there is unknown. Ray Schmuecker had bought the Oldsmobile 98 in 1972 so that he could take his wife for her chemotherapy sessions comfortably.
In 1974 though, Ray realised he had lost his wedding ring, and that was to say the least, heartbreaking. Shortly after, Ray's wife passed away and Ray moved on with his life, forgetting the ring as his wife had bought a replacement ring for him.
The Oldsmobile 98 Ray had bought back in 1972 had been sitting idle for 20 years now and they decided to sell it. Enter Will Frye, who is a car enthusiast. Will bought the 1972 Oldsmobile from Ray, just so he could use the massive 7.5-litre V8 engine in one of his other project cars.
Will then started working on the car and got the engine out. In order to clean out the engine internals, he blew pressurised air into the engine block. A lot of grease was found on the floor after that, and in the grease did he find a glittering ring.
One quick call to ray's daughter, and it was obvious that this was the long-lost wedding ring. Needless to say, it was returned to the rightful owner and everyone goes home happy.
Thoughts On Wedding Ring Found Inside Car Engine 45 Years After Losing It
The wedding ring would mean a lot more to Ray now than it ever did before. It would have by now become his fondest possession in memory of his wife. As for the Oldsmobile 98, the body would be scrapped but the engine would get a new life in Will's car.