- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
The Indian car industry is slowly gaining momentum, with demand in the market steadily increasing post the lockdown. Companies have now resumed all operations, with multiple brands having started introducing new models in India as well.
Here are the top highlights from the Indian four-wheeler segment, from the week gone by:
2020 BMW X6 Launch
BMW has launched the 2020 X6 SUV in the Indian market. The new BMW X6 is priced at Rs 95 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The new X6 is offered in two variants: xLine and M Sport.
Both variants of the 2020 BMW X6 are powered by the same 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder twin-turbo petrol unit. It produces 340bhp and 450Nm of torque, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission — here are the details.
New Hyundai Electric SUV
Hyundai introduced its first all-electric SUV, the Kona last year. The Hyundai Kona electric, however, was priced at around Rs 23 lakh, which made it a premium offering in the market. Now, the company has confirmed that they are working on introducing an all-new electric SUV in the future.
According to reports, the new electric SUV will be built from the ground-up and will be a mass-market offering in the country. Hyundai expects to launch the new electric SUV in the country by 2022 — here are the details.
Mahindra Thar Launch Date
Mahindra has confirmed that he new-generation Thar SUV will go on sale in the Indian market in early-October. Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra confirmed the news while announcing the financial results of the company for Q4 of FY2020.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar was initially expected to go on sale post the lockdown. However, the launch has been rescheduled to October — here are the details.
Maruti Celerio CNG
Maruti Suzuki has launched the Celerio BS6 CNG hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 CNG model is priced at Rs 5.61 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The CNG version is available only on the hatchback's mid-spec variant: VXi and VXi(O).
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG hatchback uses the same 1.0-litre engine producing 59bhp and 78Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual — here are more details.
Honda Car Recall
Honda Cars India have recalled over 65,000 models in the Indian market. The Voluntary recall is due to a faulty fuel pump in all cars manufactured in 2018. The company will replace the fuel pump free of cost to the customer, at the nearest authorised service centre.
Honda states that the models affected by the faulty fuel pump include: City, Amaze, Jazz, WR-V, BR-V, CR-V and the Brio — here are more details.