- 5 hrs ago 2021 Honda Rebel 1100 Globally Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Volvo S60 Sedan Unveiled: India Launch Scheduled For March Next Year
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Octavia India Launch Expected Timeline Revealed: Here Are All Details
- 10 hrs ago Supreme Court’s Final Order On FADA’s Plea For BS4 Vehicle Registration
- Sports FanCode to live stream matches in New Zealand for Indian audience
- News 4 killed due to Nivar cyclone in Tamil Nadu: PM Modi speaks to CM, announces relief
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal Is Delayed; The Megastar To Join Hands With Amal Neerad For A New Project?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ Bags BIS Certification; India Launch Imminent
- Finance India's Fiscal Deficit Reaches 120% Of Yearly Target In Apr-Oct
- Lifestyle Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Education Indian Air Force Airmen Result 2020 Declared For Group X And Y, Check Phase-II Details
- Travel Romantic Places for Couples To Visit In India This Holiday Season
Mahindra has been working on introducing the next-generation Thar in the Indian market for quite a while now. The new-generation Thar SUV was initially expected to be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo, held in February this year, but that did not happen.
Note: Images used are for representational purposes only.
Then with the COVID-19 pandemic in the country, India was put in a complete lockdown which lasted for close to two months. At this time, reports suggested that the new-generation Thar would be launched soon after the lockdown period.
However, fresh reports now suggest that these plans have yet again been delayed. While announcing the results of Q4 of the financial year 2019-20, Pawan Goenka, Managing Director, Mahindra stated that the next-generation version of the iconic off-roader will now be introduced in the Indian market by early-October. The delay in the launch of the new-generation Mahindra Thar is attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar has been among the most-awaited SUVs in the Indian market. The off-roader was introduced in 2012 and since then has gone on to become an iconic SUV in the country.
The new-generation SUV claims to come with a host of fresh features, equipment and a revised styling as well. The fresh design on both the interior and exterior will give the SUV a more modern styling and more premium-ness.
The new-generation Mahindra Thar has been spied testing in the Indian market on multiple occasions. The spy pics of the new Thar, showcase the SUV carrying forward a similar silhouette as its predecessor. However, the new-generation model will come with a completely new platform, giving it slightly larger dimensions as well.
In terms of features, the new Mahindra Thar is expected to come with a number of new equipment. This includes LED headlamps with LED DRLs, LEd taillights and a spare wheel mounted on the tailgate. The new Thar could also feature a large infotainment system on the inside with Apple CarPlay and Android, automatic climate control, multiple airbags along with a host of other premium features, giving it an upmarket look and feel.
Once introduced in India, the new-generation Mahindra Thar could be powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine and a 2.2-litre diesel unit. Both engines will come mated to a standard manual transmission unit.
Thoughts On The New-Generation Mahindra Thar India Launch
The Mahindra Thar has been on sale in the Indian market for 8 years now and will finally be receiving a much-required update. Ahead of its launch, certain dealerships across India have reportedly started accepting unofficial bookings for the upcoming Thar as well.