- 3 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 5 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Maruti Suzuki has launched the S-CNG variant of its Celerio hatchback in the Indian market. The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 CNG model is offered at a starting price of Rs 5.61 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). This translates to a difference of Rs 81,000 compared to the hatchback's petrol-powered counterparts.
The two mid-spec variants, VXi and VXi(O) will be the only two trims to offer CNG on the Celerio hatchback. Along with the two mid-spec models, the Maruti Celerio Tour variant (reserved for fleet purposes) will also come powered by CNG.
Apart from the addition of the CNG trims, no other changes have been made to the Celerio hatchback. The car continues to feature all the same features and equipment as its petrol-powered versions.
The Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG version also uses the same 1.0-litre BS6-compliant engine. The CNG-powered unit produces 58bhp and 79Nm of peak torque. This is a drop from 68bhp and 90Nm of torque, produced by the same engine when powered by petrol. The engine comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
Apart from the CNG-powered engine, all other aspects of the hatchback remain unchanged. Some of the features and equipment on the Maruti Celerio hatchback include front and rear power windows, central locking system, dual front airbags, ABS, reverse parking sensors, high-speed alert, seatbelt reminder for the driver and front passengers and a host of others as well.
The Maruti Celerio is the latest model to receive a BS6 CNG update in its lineup. Maruti also offers a number of other models such as the WagonR, Alto and the Ertiga with S-CNG technology. The company recently announced that they managed to achieve a new milestone of 1 lakh units of CNG-vehicle sales in the Indian market during the previous financial year — here are more details.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 CNG India Launch
The Maruti Celerio BS6 CNG is the latest model in the brand's lineup to receive the update. The CNG version of the Maruti Celerio hatchback rivals the likes of the Hyundai Santro CNG version, sold in the Indian market as well.