- 5 hrs ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 5 hrs ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 22 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- News Awaiting BJP high command's nod for Cabinet expansion: CM Yediyurappa
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Reveals Ranveer Singh Was His Choice For Bombay Velvet; Studios Didn’t Believe In Him
- Sports IPL 2020 MI vs CSK Match 1 Updates: Stage set for opener
- Finance Public Sector Banks That Offer Best Interest Rate On Savings Account
- Technology Two Alleged Realme Phones Appear On TENNA; Specifications Tipped
- Lifestyle Rosh Hashanah 2020: All You Need To Know About This Festival
- Education ICSI Quiz Competition 2020 For Online Current Affairs And General Knowledge
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bookings have crossed the 25,000 milestone mark amid the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The compact-SUV has achieved a new milestone even with the nation completely under lockdown.
Speaking during an interview with carandbike, Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director for Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, stated that the Vitara Brezza has achieved this milestone in a very short period, and has received a very good response even during the current situation. As a result, the company is very confident of the compact-SUV achieving good sales numbers for the brand.
Maruti Suzuki first showcased the Vitrara Brezza at this year's Auto Expo ahead of its launch in India on February 24, 2020. The compact-SUV retails between Rs 7.34 lakh and Rs 11.40 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 2020 Vitara Brezza received a mild facelift with a few changes made to the SUV inside and out. These include a new LED headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs, a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs, and the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is powered by a single BS6-compliant 1.5-litre engine that features the brand's (SVHS) mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
According to the vehicle sales report during March 2020, the Vitara Brezza sold 5,513 units, while its closest and primary rivals the Hyundai Venue sold 6,127. The Venue outsold the Vitara Brezza by 614 units during March, just before the nation-wide lockdown was announced &here is a complete report.
In related news, Maruti Suzuki has started to ship the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV to Toyota Kirloskar Motors. Both companies are in a strategic partnership, which is aimed at helping both brands to achieve sales numbers in the country.
As per the contract, Maruti Suzuki will provide the Vitara Brezza to Toyota, who will rebadge the compact-SUV with minimal changes and then launch it in the Indian market. The upcoming compact-SUV from Toyota is likely to be called the ‘Urban Cruiser' — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Bookings Crossing The 25,000 Milestone Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been the segment leader for many years and with 25,000 bookings received during the lockdown, the compact-SUV is on its way to take the top-spot for sales during this month. Whether the Hyundai Venue will be outsold by the Vitara Brezza during May remains to be seen.