- 4 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- 5 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- 20 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 21 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- Sports Sri Lanka to resume training on June 1 after coronavirus hiatus
- News Army rejects purported video of eastern Ladakh face-off
- Movies Roopa Ganguly Aka Draupadi Says Trains Used To Stop At Stations So People Could Watch Mahabharat
- Technology SpaceX, NASA Liftoff Historic Crewed Mission To ISS
- Lifestyle June 2020: Auspicious Dates For Buying Vehicles In This Month
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bookings have crossed the 25,000 milestone mark amid the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The compact-SUV has achieved a new milestone even with the nation completely under lockdown.
Speaking during an interview with carandbike, Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director for Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, stated that the Vitara Brezza has achieved this milestone in a very short period, and has received a very good response even during the current situation. As a result, the company is very confident of the compact-SUV achieving good sales numbers for the brand.
Maruti Suzuki first showcased the Vitrara Brezza at this year's Auto Expo ahead of its launch in India on February 24, 2020. The compact-SUV retails between Rs 7.34 lakh and Rs 11.40 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The 2020 Vitara Brezza received a mild facelift with a few changes made to the SUV inside and out. These include a new LED headlamp design with integrated LED DRLs, a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs, and the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is powered by a single BS6-compliant 1.5-litre engine that features the brand's (SVHS) mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque, and comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
According to the vehicle sales report during March 2020, the Vitara Brezza sold 5,513 units, while its closest and primary rivals the Hyundai Venue sold 6,127. The Venue outsold the Vitara Brezza by 614 units during March, just before the nation-wide lockdown was announced &here is a complete report.
In related news, Maruti Suzuki has started to ship the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV to Toyota Kirloskar Motors. Both companies are in a strategic partnership, which is aimed at helping both brands to achieve sales numbers in the country.
As per the contract, Maruti Suzuki will provide the Vitara Brezza to Toyota, who will rebadge the compact-SUV with minimal changes and then launch it in the Indian market. The upcoming compact-SUV from Toyota is likely to be called the ‘Urban Cruiser' — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Bookings Crossing The 25,000 Milestone Amid Covid-19 Lockdown
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza has been the segment leader for many years and with 25,000 bookings received during the lockdown, the compact-SUV is on its way to take the top-spot for sales during this month. Whether the Hyundai Venue will be outsold by the Vitara Brezza during May remains to be seen.