- 4 hrs ago Excess Fuel Filled At Petrol Pumps: Most Times It’s Because Of The Vehicle
- 5 hrs ago Best-Selling Cars In India In June 2020: Maruti Alto Regains Top Slot As Seltos Closes In On Creta
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj Auto Sales Figures For June 2020: Brand Registers 31 Percent Decline In Demand
- 6 hrs ago Nissan Ariya Electric Vehicle To Be Globally Unveiled On 15 July
- Movies Dil Bechara Actress Sanjana Sanghi Clarifies She Was Not Saying Goodbye To Mumbai With Her Post
- Sports Sheffield United 3-1 Tottenham: Berge and Mousset sink Spurs amid VAR controversy
- News Delhi plasma bank: Ten people donate plasma on Day 1; three recipients
- Finance IDBI Bank Enters Rs. 50000 Cr Market-Cap Club;Ranks Ahead Of PNB, IndusInd Bank
- Technology Vivo S1 Pro Gets Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India; Checkout New Price Here
- Lifestyle 10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The list of the top-selling cars in India during the month of March 2020 has been released. According to the sales report, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has registered the highest sales figures in the previous month; at a time when India and the world are facing a pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused most major manufacturers to shut operations indefinitely in the country. The Prime Minister of India ordered a 21-day lockdown starting from the 24th of March till the 14th of April 2020. This has caused a major drop in sales, as customer sentiments have spiralled down significantly.
Coming back to the sales chart, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has topped the list in March 2020. The premium hatchback registered sales of 11,476 units last month. This, as expected, is a significant drop in sales of around 34% compared to March 2019, when it recorded higher 17,264 units of sales.
The second model on the list is the Alto hatchback from Maruti Suzuki. The entry-level hatchback registered a 36% decline in sales, dropping from 16,826 units in March 2019 to 1010,829 units last month.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR completes the top-three on the list. The tall-boy hatchback offering from Maruti Suzuki registered just 9151 units in March 2020; a massive drop of 43% from 16,152 units during the same month last year.
The fourth position on the list is yet another popular Maruti Suzuki hatchback, the Swift. Currently, in its third-generation, the Maruti Suzuki Swift also registered a similar 40% decline last month. The hatchback registered sales of 8,575 units in the previous month.
Breaking the Maruti Suzuki domination is the Kia Seltos, which occupies the fifth slot. The Kia Seltos has continued to retain the title of the best-selling SUV in the country since the start of 2020. However, monthly sales have dropped with the Kia Seltos registering 7,466 units in March 2020.
Giving the Kia Seltos some serious competition is the Hyundai Creta. The SUV which has been one of the most popular SUVs in the country has finally made it back to the top-10 best-selling car list; after a long hiatus.
|Rank||Model||March 2020 Sales|
|9||Maruti Vitara Brezza||5,513|
|12||Hyundai Grand i10||4,293|
|15||Toyota Innova Crysta||3,810|
|16||Hyundai Elite i20||3,455|
Hyundai recently launched the 2020 iteration, offering a completely new design while adding a host of new features and equipment. The new Hyundai Creta is positioned just below its cousin, the Kia Seltos with 6,706 units of sales in March 2020.
Following the Hyundai Creta is its smaller sibling, the Venue in the seventh position. The Hyundai Venue has received an overwhelming response in the market, making its presence in the top-10 list consistently as well with March 2020 being no different. The compact-SUV offering from Hyundai racked up 6,127 units of sales in the previous month.
Bringing in the bottom three on the top-10 list are the Eeco, Vitara Brezza and the Dzire; all three of them from the Maruti Suzuki stable. All three of them registered similar sales figures, with just a few units apart. The Eeco, Vitara Brezza and Dzire recorded 5,966 units, 5,513 units and 5,476 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India In March 2020
The top-selling car report for the month of March 2020, showcases the downward sales trend caused by the covid-19 pandemic, affecting the entire world. We expect sales in April to get even more challenging, considering the first half of the month will be part of the India lockdown.