- 5 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- 9 hrs ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- News Viral video: Groom rests hand on shoulder of bride, Check what happens next
- Technology List Of Best Over-Ear Headphones To Buy In India Under Rs 5,000
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Indian Idol 12: Javed Akhtar Is All Praise For Arunita Kanjilal's Performance, Says 'Lata Ji Ki Yaad Dila Di'
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Lifestyle #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
The list of the top-selling cars in India during the month of March 2020 has been released. According to the sales report, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has registered the highest sales figures in the previous month; at a time when India and the world are facing a pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused most major manufacturers to shut operations indefinitely in the country. The Prime Minister of India ordered a 21-day lockdown starting from the 24th of March till the 14th of April 2020. This has caused a major drop in sales, as customer sentiments have spiralled down significantly.
Coming back to the sales chart, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno has topped the list in March 2020. The premium hatchback registered sales of 11,476 units last month. This, as expected, is a significant drop in sales of around 34% compared to March 2019, when it recorded higher 17,264 units of sales.
The second model on the list is the Alto hatchback from Maruti Suzuki. The entry-level hatchback registered a 36% decline in sales, dropping from 16,826 units in March 2019 to 1010,829 units last month.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR completes the top-three on the list. The tall-boy hatchback offering from Maruti Suzuki registered just 9151 units in March 2020; a massive drop of 43% from 16,152 units during the same month last year.
The fourth position on the list is yet another popular Maruti Suzuki hatchback, the Swift. Currently, in its third-generation, the Maruti Suzuki Swift also registered a similar 40% decline last month. The hatchback registered sales of 8,575 units in the previous month.
Breaking the Maruti Suzuki domination is the Kia Seltos, which occupies the fifth slot. The Kia Seltos has continued to retain the title of the best-selling SUV in the country since the start of 2020. However, monthly sales have dropped with the Kia Seltos registering 7,466 units in March 2020.
Giving the Kia Seltos some serious competition is the Hyundai Creta. The SUV which has been one of the most popular SUVs in the country has finally made it back to the top-10 best-selling car list; after a long hiatus.
|Rank||Model||March 2020 Sales|
|9||Maruti Vitara Brezza||5,513|
|12||Hyundai Grand i10||4,293|
|15||Toyota Innova Crysta||3,810|
|16||Hyundai Elite i20||3,455|
Hyundai recently launched the 2020 iteration, offering a completely new design while adding a host of new features and equipment. The new Hyundai Creta is positioned just below its cousin, the Kia Seltos with 6,706 units of sales in March 2020.
Following the Hyundai Creta is its smaller sibling, the Venue in the seventh position. The Hyundai Venue has received an overwhelming response in the market, making its presence in the top-10 list consistently as well with March 2020 being no different. The compact-SUV offering from Hyundai racked up 6,127 units of sales in the previous month.
Bringing in the bottom three on the top-10 list are the Eeco, Vitara Brezza and the Dzire; all three of them from the Maruti Suzuki stable. All three of them registered similar sales figures, with just a few units apart. The Eeco, Vitara Brezza and Dzire recorded 5,966 units, 5,513 units and 5,476 units, respectively.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Cars In India In March 2020
The top-selling car report for the month of March 2020, showcases the downward sales trend caused by the covid-19 pandemic, affecting the entire world. We expect sales in April to get even more challenging, considering the first half of the month will be part of the India lockdown.