- 4 min ago Tata Nexon Low EMI Scheme Introduced In India: Finance Offers & Other Details
- 1 hr ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz Turbo Petrol Engine Specs Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Expected Pricing & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Skoda Superb Sportline Road Test Review: One Of The Best Looking Luxury Sedans In The Market
- Sports IPL 2020: Match 12: KKR vs RR: Dream11 Fantasy tips, Head to head, Playing XI, India timing, Live streaming
- News Farmers, soldiers, youth: Opposition opposes for the sake of opposing says PM Modi
- Finance Vedanta Gets BSE, NSE Nod For Delisting Of Shares
- Technology Apple iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Mini To Reach Distributors On October 5 Ahead Of Launch
- Movies AIIMS Panel Chief On Report On Sushant's Death: There Is A Need To Look Into Some Legal Aspects
- Lifestyle Kajal Aggarwal’s Little Black Dress Is All You Need To Rock The Saturday Night Party-Perfect Look
- Education CLAT Answer Key 2020: Download UG & PG Question Paper And Provisional Answer Keys
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In October 2020
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed that it will supply the Vitara Brezza SUV to Toyota Kirloskar Motor in the country. Toyota will then sell the vehicle under its own brand name in the Indian market, as a re-badged version similar to the Glanza model.
The upcoming SUV from Toyota is likely to be called the ‘Urban Cruiser' in the Indian market. Apart from the re-badging, the new compact-SUV from Toyota will not feature many changes from the Vitara Brezza.
Talking about the partnership between both brands, Toyota and Suzuki had executed a memorandum of understanding back in 2017. Also, back in March 2018, both companies formed a basic agreement for supplying hybrid and other vehicles to each other in the Indian market.
The agreement stated that Suzuki will supply the Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota, while Toyota will provide Corolla sedan to Suzuki. The partnership aims to help both brands by sharing technologies with each other and also grow in the market.
Last year, Maruti Suzuki supplied the Baleno to Toyota Kirloskar, which currently sells the product as Glanza. With the upcoming new compact-SUV, Maruti Suzuki stated that this arrangement between the two companies will result in incremental sales.
Coming back to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the new (2020) Vitara Brezza was launched earlier this year in India. The SUV retails between Rs 7.34 lakh and Rs 11.40 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza also comes with a host of exterior updates including re-designed LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. Inside, it features a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs and the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
In related news, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has announced that it has received 5,000 bookings via its online platform after the government announced relaxations on the nation-wide lockdown.
The company has resumed its retail operations across 1,900 touchpoints in the country. Maruti Suzuki has also issued strict guidelines to operate and ensure safekeeping of its customers and workforce during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The New Toyota Compact-SUV Based On Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Toyota currently sells only a couple of models in the Indian market after it has discontinued the entry-level Etios range in the country. However, with the upcoming compact-SUV, Toyota is expected to increase sales of its vehicles in the country.