- 45 min ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- News India GDP growth dips to 3.1 pc in Jan-Mar; 4.2 pc in 2019-20
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Sports Waqar Younis announces to quit social media after Twitter handle gets hacked, obscene video liked by hacker
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Maruti Suzuki has confirmed that it will supply the Vitara Brezza SUV to Toyota Kirloskar Motor in the country. Toyota will then sell the vehicle under its own brand name in the Indian market, as a re-badged version similar to the Glanza model.
The upcoming SUV from Toyota is likely to be called the ‘Urban Cruiser' in the Indian market. Apart from the re-badging, the new compact-SUV from Toyota will not feature many changes from the Vitara Brezza.
Talking about the partnership between both brands, Toyota and Suzuki had executed a memorandum of understanding back in 2017. Also, back in March 2018, both companies formed a basic agreement for supplying hybrid and other vehicles to each other in the Indian market.
The agreement stated that Suzuki will supply the Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota, while Toyota will provide Corolla sedan to Suzuki. The partnership aims to help both brands by sharing technologies with each other and also grow in the market.
Last year, Maruti Suzuki supplied the Baleno to Toyota Kirloskar, which currently sells the product as Glanza. With the upcoming new compact-SUV, Maruti Suzuki stated that this arrangement between the two companies will result in incremental sales.
Coming back to the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, the new (2020) Vitara Brezza was launched earlier this year in India. The SUV retails between Rs 7.34 lakh and Rs 11.40 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza also comes with a host of exterior updates including re-designed LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. Inside, it features a new leather-wrapped steering wheel, auto-dimming IRVMs and the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio infotainment system that supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
In related news, Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has announced that it has received 5,000 bookings via its online platform after the government announced relaxations on the nation-wide lockdown.
The company has resumed its retail operations across 1,900 touchpoints in the country. Maruti Suzuki has also issued strict guidelines to operate and ensure safekeeping of its customers and workforce during the on-going Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The New Toyota Compact-SUV Based On Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza
Toyota currently sells only a couple of models in the Indian market after it has discontinued the entry-level Etios range in the country. However, with the upcoming compact-SUV, Toyota is expected to increase sales of its vehicles in the country.