- 17 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- 18 hrs ago Petrol And Diesel Vehicle Ban Plan In India: Government's Decision Revealed
- 18 hrs ago Zomato & Swiggy Team-Up With Pune Traffic Police In Giving Discounts To Law-Abiding Motorists
- 19 hrs ago New Suzuki Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 1.10 Lakh
- Movies Arbaaz Khan Said THIS About Malaika Arora Afte She Makes Relationship With Arjun Kapoor Official
- News 'Sasural Simar Ka' child actor Shivlekh Singh passes away
- Technology Xiaomi India Head Manu Jain Explains Why Redmi K20 Series Is Expensive
- Sports Cricket fails to get recognition as sport in Russia
- Finance Founder Rana Kapoor Lost $1 Billion As Yes Bank Shares Lose 78% Since August
- Lifestyle Kalki Koechlin Makes A Watermelon Splash With Her Green Sari
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
The list of top-selling cars in India as of January 2019 is out. As usual, Maruti Suzuki has taken up the top spots on the list and proved that it is still the most favourite automotive brand in India. Meanwhile, Hyundai India is growing steadily in the market and advancing close to the legendary Indian brand.
This has been the case for the past few months — check out the top-selling cars of December 2018.
Here is the latest list of top-selling cars in India:
|Rank||Model ||Jan '19 Sales |
|1||Maruti Alto ||23,360|
|2 ||Maruti Dzire||19,073 |
|3 ||Maruti Swift||18,795 |
|5||Maruti Brezza||13,172 |
|6||Hyundai i20 ||11,749|
|7||Hyundai Creta||10,314 |
|8||Hyundai Grand i10||10,285 |
|9||Hyundai WagonR||10,048 |
|10||Maruti Celerio||9,217 |
(click on each headline to get the full details of the particular model; including price, specs, features, etc.)
The Maruti Alto has always been a big seller in India and is essentially the spiritual successor of the legendary Maruti 800. The car is available in both 800cc and 1.0-litre formats, along with an automatic option.
The Maruti Dzire is not just the best-selling compact-sedan in India, but also the most successful sedan. It occasionally tops the sales chart and brings the Alto down to the second position.
The Maruti Swift is the winner of the prestigious 'Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY) 2019' title. The third-generation Swift brings a lot of enhancements over the previous model while the proven petrol and diesel engines are retained.
The Maruti Baleno received a mid-life facelift recently and it is quite impressive that the outgoing model still managed to sell well. The Baleno is the most premium hatchback from Maruti Suzuki. The Maruti Baleno is also available in a performance-focussed 'RS' format.
The Maruti Brezza is the most favourite sub-four-metre SUV in India even though it has more hatchback genes. Available only in a diesel format, the Maruti Brezza still manages to lead ahead in the highly competitive compact-SUV market.
The Hyundai Elite is a major player in the premium hatchback segment and in its latest avatar, the car comes with enough and more on the inside. There is also a crossover variant of the hatchback called the Hyundai i20 Active.
The Hyundai Creta is a premium offering from the South Korean brand. Currently in its second iteration, the Creta features a lot and looks really good as well. There are three engines choices: two diesel; one petrol.
The Hyundai Grand i10 fills the gap between the new Santro and the premium Elite i20. It comes with nearly the same level of basic equipment as of the bigger Elite i20 and is certainly appealing to look at as well.
The new Maruti Wagon R is now bigger and loaded with the latest equipment. It is available only in a petrol format, but with the choice of two engines: 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre. The main highlight of the all-new Wagon R is its HEARTECT platform.
The Maruti Celerio is the first car which introduced automatic drivetrains to the budget segment, in the form of the brand's AGS (Auto Gear Shift) AMT unit. The Celerio was initially available in a diesel format too, but that was soon discontinued due to poor demand.
Maruti Suzuki has once again proved their brand image in the minds of the wider Indian mass. Hyundai models are still far behind the ones from Maruti Suzuki in terms of sales, but they are closing the gap consistently.