- 3 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 4 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 9 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 19 LIVE Update: Boys Get A Chance To Protect Themselves From Getting Nominated
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
The list of top-selling cars in India for the month of 2018 December has been released. Similar to the previous months, Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai have set a new sales benchmark for 2019. The legendary Indian automotive brand, Maruti Suzuki, has always been at the forefront when it comes to breaking sales records.
On the other hand, Hyundai India is slowly closing the sales gap between the market leader. In fact, Hyundai has already made their mark as the country's most favourite foreign-origin brand. You can also check out the car sales report of December 2018 to know which all brands have performed the most.
That said, these were the best-selling cars of December 2018!
|Rank ||Models ||Sales Figure |
|1||Maruti Alto ||25121 |
|2||Maruti Dzire ||16797 |
|3||Hyundai i20 ||11940 |
|4||Maruti Swift ||11790 |
|5||Hyundai Grand i10 ||11450 |
|6||Maruti Baleno ||11135 |
|7||Maruti Brezza ||9667 |
|8||Maruti Celerio ||9000 |
|9||Maruti Eeco ||8532 |
|10||Hyundai Creta ||7631 |
(Click on each headline to know more about the model)
The Maruti Alto was the best-selling car of last month, and also the entire year if we take the long run. The budget hatchback can be considered as a successor to the iconic Maruti 800, and is a common sight in even the remotest road networks of India.
The Maruti Dzire, the best-selling sedan on the Indian market, is essentially a more practical version of the Swift hatchback. Available in both petrol and diesel formats, good mileage and decent power figures are two factors for its market success.
The Hyundai Elite i20 is the most popular premium hatchback on the market, and in its latest avatar, the car brought some much-needed updates on the inside (including a touchscreen infotainment system). The Hyundai i20 also showcases the brand's Fluidic design language.
The Maruti Swift is often regarded as India's most loved hatchback and is also the winner of the prestigious Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY 2019) award. Unlike the relatively-elegant Dzire, the Maruti Swift is packed with sportiness.
The Hyundai Grand i10 fills the gap between the new Santro and the premium Elite i20 in the South Korean brand's product portfolio. The hatchback packs enough on the features front, while also looking good.
The Maruti Baleno is the most premium hatchback from the popular Indian brand, and was made taking European standards into consideration. The interiors are spacious and loaded, and there is also a performance-focussed Baleno RS variant on offer.
The Maruti Brezza is available only in a diesel format, but is the best-selling SUV on the market. A petrol version of the Vitara Brezza may happen soon, even though the sales of the regular and AMT variants are on the rise.
The Maruti Celerio can be regarded as the car which brought the ‘affordable automatic' trend on the market, with Maruti Suzuki's AGS AMT system. There is also a funkier-looking version of the hatchback, dubbed as the Celerio X.
The Maruti Eeco is a spacious and purpose-built MPV. Used to haul passengers as well as cargo, the Eeco is a matured version of the Maruti Omni.
The Hyundai Creta is currently in its second iteration and comes with a host of premium equipment on the inside. The five-seater SUV is available in three engine formats; out of which the top-of-the-line 1.6-litre diesel unit is a strong performer.
Without any surprise, Maruti Suzuki has dominated the Indian automotive market by a huge margin. Hyundai India has also done remarkably well by being one of the only few foreign brands to make a strong statement on the market.