- 22 hrs ago Tata Motors Announces Discounts & Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.50 Lakh On Select Models
- 22 hrs ago Renault BS-VI Turbo-Petrol Engines Confirmed For India: Will Feature On The Duster & Captur SUVs
- 23 hrs ago KTM Increases Prices Of The Duke 125 & RC 125 Models In India
- 1 day ago Piaggo Hikes Prices Of Vespa & Aprilia Scooters In India: Also Offers Other Festive Benefits
- Movies Kajal Aggarwal Is Elegance Personified In These Stunning Clicks
- News This is what BJP MP Shobha Karandlaje told Malala Yousafzai on J&K Tweet
- Sports India Vs South Africa 1st T20I in Dharamsala, Live Score: Both teams eye winning start
- Lifestyle Sebaceous Horn Devil’s Horn: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment, And Prevention
- Technology How To Unlock Wallpapers On Oneplus Smartphones
- Finance Govt Employees Will Get Housing Advance At Lower Interest Rates
- Education HSSC Clerk Admit Card 2019 Released
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors launched their five-seater flagship SUV, the Harrier in the market recently. The Tata Harrier was introduced with just a manual gearbox, however, the carmaker has confirmed the launch of an automatic variant soon. Now, spy pics have leaked online showcasing the Tata Harrier automatic being tested on Indian roads.
The spy pics of the Tata Harrier automatic reveals the optional AMT gearbox for the first time. The automatic transmission on the Tata Harrier has been sourced from Hyundai and comes in the form of a six-speed torque convertor unit.
The Tata Harrier was launched in India with a starting price of Rs 12.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Harrier is part of Tata's new Omega platform, based on the Land Rover D8 architecture. It is also the first model in the company's lineup to feature the new 'Impact 2.0' design language.
This design language will continue on Tata's next launch, slated to be the premium 45X hatchback. The production-spec version of the Tata 45X hatchback will be showcased at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, along with four other models.
The Harrier was one of the most-awaited models to launch from Tata Motors. The five-seater SUV comes powered by a Fiat-sourced 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine. It produces 140bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. The current model is mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, driving the front wheels — read our detailed review here.
The Tata Harrier is offered with a number of features, equipment and accessories. Features on the Tata Harrier include LED headlamps, LED DRLs, 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, steering-mounted audio controls, multiple airbags, rear parking camera and sensors, ABS with EBD and a number of others. The Harrier also offers a number of accessories — here is the entire list of accessories available for the Tata Harrier.
Apart from the five-seater variant, Tata Motors is also working on introducing a larger seven-seater version of the SUV. The seven-seater Harrier SUV will use the same 2.0-litre diesel engine, however, will be tuned to produce a higher power output of 170bhp.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Automatic Variant
The Tata Harrier is the flagship five-seater SUV from the company, showcasing the brand's latest design language. The Tata Harrier rivals the likes of the Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market. The addition of the automatic variant, will further help the Harrier increase its demand in India.
Image Courtesy: GaadiWaadi