- 13 hrs ago Hyundai India Exports Over 5,000 Cars In May After Resuming Operations
- 13 hrs ago Volkswagen T-Roc Start Arriving At Dealerships Post Lockdown: Deliveries To Commence Soon
- 15 hrs ago MG ZS EV Bookings To Reopen On June 1: Will Be Introduced In Six New Cities
- 17 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV: Expected Launch Date, Prices, Specs, Features & Rivals Explained
- Finance Motilal Oswal Sets 46% Upside Target On Shares Of Coal India
- Lifestyle Ganga Dussehra 2020: Here’s The Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Pro Max Review: Worth Every Extra Dime
- Sports Bayern Munich 5-0 Fortuna Dusseldorf: Champions move 10 points clear
- Movies Soorarai Pottru Will Release In Theaters, Confirms Suriya!
- News MEA lists Vande Bharat mission, COVID medical supplies to 154 countries among key achievements
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors has been a regular at the Geneva Motor Show every year. Over the years, the Indian brand has revealed a number of concepts and models. However, this year the company is going to have its biggest display yet. According to Autocar India, Tata Motors will be displaying five model at this year's upcoming Geneva Motor Show; four of them making their global debut.
The four models from Tata Motors, making their global premiere at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show include the seven-seater Harrier Concept (codenamed 'H7X'), the Hornbill Concept, a premium hatchback (codenamed '45X') and an all-electric version of the 45X as well.
Tata Motors recently launched the five-seater Harrier SUV in the Indian market. The Tata Harrier carries a price tag starting from Rs 12.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). However, Tata had already confirmed a seven-seater model based on the Harrier. The seven-seater Tata Harrier (codenamed 'H7X') has already been spied testing on multiple occasions in India.
The Concept form of the H7X SUV will be showcased for the first time at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The new seven-seater SUV is also expected to have a new name as well. It will feature the same engine as the Harrier, however, will be tuned to produce a higher power output. The more powerful engine will also be compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. The car is expected to launch in the Indian market, during the second half of 2019.
Keeping the H7X company will be the concept version of the Tata Hornbill SUV. The Hornbill will be a micro-SUV offering from the Indian brand. The Tata Hornbill once launched in India will be slotted below the Nexon offering. The production-spec version of the micro-SUV will be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo in Delhi. The Tata Hornbill will rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100 in the Indian market.
The other product from Tata Motors will be the company's first premium hatchback offering, codenamed '45X'. The production-spec version of the hatchback will make its global debut, alongside the other two products in March. The Tata 45X concept was first showcased at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, alongside the H5X (Harrier SUV).
Once launched in the Indian market, the Tata 45X (yet to be officially named) will rival the likes of the recently updated Maruti Baleno, Hyundai i20 Elite and the Volkswagen Polo.
Apart from the three models, Tata also made a surprise announcement that they will also showcase an all-electric version of the 45X premium hatchback. The Tata 45X EV will be based on the EVision platform, showcased as a concept last year. Not much is known about the 45X EV as of now.
The final fifth model from Tata Motors will be Harrier SUV itself. The Tata Harrier will be showcased to gauge the interest towards the SUV for the European market.
Thoughts On The Tata Motors Product Lineup At Geneva
Tata Motors will have their biggest showcase at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show till date. The company has been a regular at the motor show for the past 20 years. All the cars showcased at the show will be introduced in the Indian market, starting with the Tata 45X premium hatchback.