- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 9 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Harrier SUV has started arriving at company dealerships ahead of its scheduled launch on 23rd of January. The Harrier has been one of the most awaited SUV offerings from Tata Motors. The SUV was first showcased in its concept form at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Tata Motors recently conducted media drives of the Harrier, ahead of its launch — read our detailed review here. The Harrier is the first product from Tata Motors to be part of the brand's new 'Impact 2.0' design language.
The Harrier uses the new OMEGA platform based on Land Rover's D8 architecture as seen on the Discovery Sport. This translates to bigger overall dimensions compared to most of its rivals in the Indian market.
The Harrier comes with a 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine, seen on the Jeep Compass. It produces 140bhp and 350Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tata will also introduce a six-speed automatic transmission at a later stage.
Bookings for the Tata Harrier is open for an amount of Rs 30,000. The company had also recently tweeted out an approximate price range of the upcoming Harrier, which would be around Rs 16 - 21 lakh, on-road.
Tata Motors is currently also working on a new premium hatchback, codenamed 45X to rival the likes of the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20 Elite. The company also has plans to introduce a new micro-SUV 'Hornbill'. The new Tata Hornbill concept will be showcased at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.
Apart from the Tata Harrier, here is a list of all the cars scheduled to be launched in the Indian market in January.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Dispatch
The Tata Harrier SUV has been one of the most-awaited SUV in the Indian market. The SUV has created a lot of buzz. Once launched, the Tata Harrier will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV 500 and the upcoming Nissan Kicks.