- 23 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Arrives At Dealership Ahead Of Launch In India
- 1 hr ago New Yamaha Fascino BS6 Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 2 hrs ago Ultraviolette F77 Electric Motorcycle To Be Unveiled Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 3 hrs ago 2020 Hyundai i20 Active Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- Lifestyle What Is Plogging? Its Role In Boosting Your Health And The Environment
- Movies Pawan Kalyan Agrees To Star In Telugu Remake Of Pink? Did 'Power Star' Break His Vow?
- Technology WhatsApp Payment Service To Soon Cater Indian Consumers
- Travel 6 Romantic Places In Bangalore Every Couple Must Visit For A Dreamy Escapade In 2019!
- News ICAT NET 2019 application process begins: Check exam dates here
- Sports Sourav Ganguly will lead Indian cricket to prosperity: VVS Laxman
- Finance How Does Faceless Income Tax Assessment Work?
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Tata Harrier SUV has started arriving at company dealerships ahead of its scheduled launch on 23rd of January. The Harrier has been one of the most awaited SUV offerings from Tata Motors. The SUV was first showcased in its concept form at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Tata Motors recently conducted media drives of the Harrier, ahead of its launch — read our detailed review here. The Harrier is the first product from Tata Motors to be part of the brand's new 'Impact 2.0' design language.
The Harrier uses the new OMEGA platform based on Land Rover's D8 architecture as seen on the Discovery Sport. This translates to bigger overall dimensions compared to most of its rivals in the Indian market.
The Harrier comes with a 2.0-litre Kryotec diesel engine, seen on the Jeep Compass. It produces 140bhp and 350Nm of torque and is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tata will also introduce a six-speed automatic transmission at a later stage.
Bookings for the Tata Harrier is open for an amount of Rs 30,000. The company had also recently tweeted out an approximate price range of the upcoming Harrier, which would be around Rs 16 - 21 lakh, on-road.
Tata Motors is currently also working on a new premium hatchback, codenamed 45X to rival the likes of the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20 Elite. The company also has plans to introduce a new micro-SUV 'Hornbill'. The new Tata Hornbill concept will be showcased at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show.
Apart from the Tata Harrier, here is a list of all the cars scheduled to be launched in the Indian market in January.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Dispatch
The Tata Harrier SUV has been one of the most-awaited SUV in the Indian market. The SUV has created a lot of buzz. Once launched, the Tata Harrier will rival the likes of the Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV 500 and the upcoming Nissan Kicks.