TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019 LIVE — 'Surgical Strike' On Poverty, Assures Rahul Gandhi
- IPL: Match 5: DC Vs CSK — Live Updates
- What Is Rahul Gandhi's NYAY Scheme For The Poor?
- India's Chandrayaan 2 To Carry NASA's Laser Instrument To Moon
- INRacing — India’s First Homogeneous Racing Simulator; A Must-Try For Motorsport Fanatics!
- Badrinath- An Ode To Pilgrimages And Spectacular Natural Splendour
- PeeCee Lets Her Hair Down With Nick In Miami!
- What Is West Nile Fever?
Tata Motors is all set to introduce a new premium hatchback offerings in the Indian market. The new hatchback (codenamed 45X) is expected to launch sometime in mid-2019. The car has been spotted testing on multiple occasions in the country.
The Tata 45X hatchback was showcased in its concept form at the 2018 Auto Expo. The car was showcased alongside the Harrier's H5X concept which is scheduled to launch next month.
The 45X hatchback is based on the same 'Impact 2.0' design language of Tata Motors, similar to the Harrier SUV. Recent spy pics of the Tata 45X from Rushlane showcase the car in more detail.
The spy pics showcase a front grille and a large air dam, sleek headlamps and connected taillights (similar to the ones seen on the Harrier). Inside, the 45X is expected to come with a floating touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
The Tata 45X is expected to carry forward the same 1.2-litre Revotron petrol and 1.5-litre Revotorq diesel power units, seen on the Nexon. Both engines will further come mated to either a manual or automatic gearbox.
Tata Motors is all set to introduce the Harrier SUV in the Indian market, next month. The Harrier is based on the OMEGARC platform (a derivative of Land Rover's D8 architecture). The Harrier once launched is expected to be priced between Rs 16 lakh to Rs 21 lakh. We have driven the Tata Harrier — read our review here.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X Premium Hatchback
The Tata 45X hatchback will be the second product from the company after the Harrier, to feature the Impact 2.0 design. The car is expected to be priced at around Rs 5 to 6 lakh and will rival the likes of the Maruti Baleno and the Hyundai i20.