- News 'Siddaramaiah could be the reason for my suspension', says Karnataka MLA Roshan Baig
- Lifestyle Hina Khan Or Kangana Ranaut Or Sophie Choudry: Whose Airport Outfit Would You Like To Try?
- Movies Thalapathy 63: A Major Update About The Vijay Movie To Come At 6 PM!
- Technology Honor 20 First Impressions: Should You Invest Rs. 33,000 On This Honor Smartphone?
- Finance IndiaMart IPO To Open On 24 June
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Rashid Khan scores ‘century' against England: Here are 5 most expensive bowlers in WC
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Tata Motors will be showcasing its all-new micro-SUV concept codenamed 'Hornbill' at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The Tata Hornbill micro-SUV will debut in its concept form, along with five new products.
The Tata Hornbill micro-SUV once introduced will be placed below the Nexon Compact-SUV in the company's lineup. The SUV will directly rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100 in the nascent micro-SUV segment in the market. It will also go against the likes of Maruti Suzuki's upcoming Future S Concept and the micro-SUV from Hyundai, scheduled to launch in 2023.
(Note: All Images used are for representational purposes only)
According to sources from Autocar India, the Tata Hornbill will make use of the company's Alfa Modular platform, as seen on the upcoming 45X hatchback. Tata Motors had showcased a teaser of the Hornbill at the 2018 Auto Expo.
In terms of design, the Tata Hornbill is expected to feature the 'Impact 2.0' design language, which debuted on the Harrier SUV. The Hornbill will come with a more upright stance compared to the Nexon, giving it a more distinctive look. The micro-SUV will also feature a less-rounded design, large wheel arches, a floating roof and Tata's signature humanity line, running across the SUV.
In terms of mechanicals, Tata might carry forward the 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol engine on the Hornbill. However, with the upcoming BS-VI norms, Tata is considering whether or not to introduce a diesel power unit as the cost of production might become significantly high.
Thoughts On The Tata Hornbill Micro-SUV
The Tata Hornbill will be the first micro-SUV offering from the Indian car manufacturer. Once Tata showcases the concept at the Geneva Motor Show, they are expected to bring the production version to the 2020 Auto Expo. Tata might also launch the Hornbill in the Indian market during the latter part of 2020.