TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Four-Storey Building Collapses In Gurugram; Many Feared Trapped
- Virat Kohli To Be Rested For Last Two ODIs And T20I Series Against New Zealand
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- PayTM Mall On Republic Day — Samsung Carnival Offers
- Best Low-Priced Stocks To Buy For 2019
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On #MeToo Movement
- All You Want To Know About Toothukudi
- Deepika Padukone Adds Another All-black Ensemble With This Airport Attire
Tata Motors will be showcasing its all-new micro-SUV concept codenamed 'Hornbill' at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The Tata Hornbill micro-SUV will debut in its concept form, along with five new products.
The Tata Hornbill micro-SUV once introduced will be placed below the Nexon Compact-SUV in the company's lineup. The SUV will directly rival the likes of the Mahindra KUV100 in the nascent micro-SUV segment in the market. It will also go against the likes of Maruti Suzuki's upcoming Future S Concept and the micro-SUV from Hyundai, scheduled to launch in 2023.
(Note: All Images used are for representational purposes only)
According to sources from Autocar India, the Tata Hornbill will make use of the company's Alfa Modular platform, as seen on the upcoming 45X hatchback. Tata Motors had showcased a teaser of the Hornbill at the 2018 Auto Expo.
In terms of design, the Tata Hornbill is expected to feature the 'Impact 2.0' design language, which debuted on the Harrier SUV. The Hornbill will come with a more upright stance compared to the Nexon, giving it a more distinctive look. The micro-SUV will also feature a less-rounded design, large wheel arches, a floating roof and Tata's signature humanity line, running across the SUV.
In terms of mechanicals, Tata might carry forward the 1.2-litre three-cylinder Revotron petrol engine on the Hornbill. However, with the upcoming BS-VI norms, Tata is considering whether or not to introduce a diesel power unit as the cost of production might become significantly high.
Thoughts On The Tata Hornbill Micro-SUV
The Tata Hornbill will be the first micro-SUV offering from the Indian car manufacturer. Once Tata showcases the concept at the Geneva Motor Show, they are expected to bring the production version to the 2020 Auto Expo. Tata might also launch the Hornbill in the Indian market during the latter part of 2020.