- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 9 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki has released their first official teaser of the upcoming new WagonR hatchback. The new Maruti WagonR is scheduled to launch on the 23rd of January and will come with a host of new features and updates.
Ahead of its launch, the new Maruti WagonR has already been spied undisguised, revealing the new design and features on the hatchback. We had also reported the brochure leak of the new WagonR hatchback, which further revealed the variants, engine specifications and some of the features expected on the upcoming hatchback.
The teaser showcased the rear three-quarter profile of the hatchback, subtly revealing the vertically-stacked tail lights on the new WagonR. The teaser also showcases a black plastic insert on the C-Pillar, giving a floating roof-like appearance.
Although, the new WagonR has already been revealed through a series of spy pictures. The spy images of the upcoming Maruti WagonR reveal the front, side and interiors of the hatchback.
The front of the new WagonR comes with sweptback headlamps, refreshed front grille with a single chrome strip at its centre, updated bumper and fog lamps. The spy images also showcase the new WagonR with ORVMs with integrated turn indicators.
The interiors of the new WagonR can be seen with a new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system supporting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-tone dashboard and steering-mounted audio controls.
The new Maruti WagonR once launched will come powered by two petrol engine options - 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre units. The 1.0-litre petrol engine produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox.
The 1.2-litre petrol unit, on the other hand, churns out 89bhp and 113Nm of torque. It is mated to the same five-speed manual gearbox, along with the optional AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission. The new Maruti WagonR has also been spied with the AGS gearbox.
Further to this, the leaked brochure also reveals that the new WagonR will be available in three basic trims: LXi, VXi and ZXi. All variants will further be available in a range of six colour options - Superior White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown and Poolside Blue.
Thoughts On The New Maruti WagonR Teaser
The new Maruti WagonR once launched in the Indian market, will take on rivals such as the recently launched Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO. The Maruti Suzuki WagonR is one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market and has been one of the top-selling models for the company every month.