- 52 min ago Mahindra Mojo 300 ABS Specifications Leaked
- 1 hr ago New Skoda Rapid Rider Launched In India — Priced At Rs 6.99 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 3 hrs ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- Movies Nayanthara’s Marriage Prediction Goes Viral; Will It Turn Out To Be True?
- Sports Tendulkar picks five Indians in World Cup XI
- Technology Apple iPhone SE And Three Other Models Will Not Be Avaialble For Sale In India: Report
- News Amarnath Yatra: 15th batch of 3,967 pilgrims leaves Jammu
- Finance Tax Frauds Worth Rs 38,000 Crore Detected Last Year
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch its new WagonR hatchback on the 23rd of January. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the brochure for the new WagonR has been leaked. The brochure of the new WagonR as acquired by Team-BHP reveals the variants, engine specifications, colours and other details of the upcoming hatchback.
The new Maruti WagonR was also spotted completely undisguised recently. The spy images of the new WagonR revealed the new exterior design, along with the interiors and its features.
As seen from the brochure, the new WagonR measures 3,655mm in length, 1,620mm in width and 1,675mm in height. The wheelbase of the new WagonR comes in at 2,435mm and has a turning radius of 4.7 metres.
In terms of design, the new WagonR now comes with large sweptback headlamps flanking the new rectangular grille with a single chrome strip at the centre. Other updates include refreshed bumpers with new fog lamps housing, central air dam, ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, floating roof and vertically stacked wrap-around tail lights.
However, the new WagonR continues to maintain its tall boy look, which has been a constant since the hatchback was first introduced almost 20 years back.
The new WagonR will be powered by two engine options: 1.0-litre petrol (same as on the outgoing model) and 1.2-litre petrol (as seen on the Ignis and Swift). The hatchback is available in three trim levels - LXi, VXi and ZXi. Among these, the VXi and ZXi will receive both the engine options while the base LXi variant will just get the smaller 1.0-litre unit. The two variants will also get the optional AMT transmission as well.
The 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces 81bhp and 113Nm of torque. The smaller 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol unit, on the other hand, churns out 67bhp and 90Nm of peak torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The 1.2-litre engine will further come with the optional AGS transmission on the mid and top-spec variants, as already mentioned.
The new Maruti WagonR will further be available in a range of six colour choices - Superior White, Silky Silver, Magma Grey, Autumn Orange, Nutmeg Brown and Poolside Blue.
Thoughts On The New Maruti WagonR
The Maruti WagonR has been in the Indian market, for a long time. It is one of the most popular hatchbacks currently available and has gone through a number of variations over the years. Once launched in India, the new WagonR will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO.