- 1 hr ago Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- 2 hrs ago Harley Davidson To Launch Sub-500cc Motorcycles Next Year — Are The Americans Up To It?
- 3 hrs ago Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Set For 2020 India Launch
- 3 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Vs Ford EcoSport Vs Tata Nexon — Which Will Come Out On Top?
- News Ready for floor test, says Kamal Nath as BJP demands MP govt to prove majority
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Movies When This Popular Actor Found Himself In A Soup Due To His 'Hot Jalebi' Remark About Anushka Shetty
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Lifestyle Foods That Help You Heal After Quitting Smoking
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Technology Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch their new WagonR hatchback in the Indian market on the 23rd of January. Ahead of its launch, a video has surfaced, revealing the interiors of the new WagonR with the Auto Gear Shift (AGS) transmission unit.
The video showcases the new Maruti WagonR with a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system and the electrically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators. As seen from the leaked brochure recently, the AMT is available on the mid and top-spec trims of the new WagonR - VXi (1.2-litre), ZXi (1.0-litre) and ZXi (1.2-litre).
Powering the new WagonR is a choice of two petrol engines: 1.0-litre and 1.2-litre. The smaller 1.0-litre petrol unit is the same as seen on all previous generation models while the 1.2-litre engine has been borrowed from the Ignis and the Swift hatchbacks.
The 1.0-litre petrol engine continues to produce 67bhp and 90Nm of peak torque. This engine will be available for all three trims of the new WagonR (LXi, VXi and ZXi). The larger 1.2-litre four-cylinder power unit produces 89bhp and 113Nm of torque. This engine will be available only on the mid and top-spec variants (VXi and ZXi).
Both engines will further come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The mid and top-spec variants will further come with the option of the AGS transmission. Maruti Suzuki is also said to offer a CNG variant of the new WagonR, however, this will be available only with the smaller 1.0-litre engine.
The video showcases the new WagonR in the Nutmeg Brown colour option — one among the six choices available. The remaining five paint schemes include Superior white, Silky Silver, Magnum Grey, Autumn Orange & Poolside Blue.
Apart from the new WagonR, Maruti Suzuki is also said to be planning to introduce a brand new SUV (above 4 metres) to take on the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market. The new Maruti SUV if launched will make use of the newly developed 1.5-litre DDiS225 diesel engine. The in-house developed 1.5-litre diesel unit will debut on the Ciaz sedan sometime next year.
Thoughts On The New Maruti WagonR AMT Spy Pics
The new Maruti WagonR has been spied on multiple occasions ahead of its launch in the market. The hatchback has been one of the most popular offerings from the brand and has always been in the top-selling car list. The new Maruti WagonR once launched in the market will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO.
Image Courtesy: Auto Vikings