- 22 min ago Tata Harrier Painted Range Rover Red By Kitup Automotive — Chic And Up-Market!
- 1 hr ago 30 Percent Of Motorists In India Use Fake Driving Licenses — New MV Act To Counter It
- 2 hrs ago Kia Seltos Bookings Open — Launch, Deliveries & Dealership Details Explained
- 2 hrs ago Ducati Diavel 1260 Indian Launch In August
- News Assam floods: 90% of Kaziranga Park submerged; anti-poaching camps affected
- Movies Sai Pallavi REJECTED The Offer To Work With Vijay Deverakonda For This Reason?
- Finance Tax Frauds Worth Rs 38,000 Crore Detected Last Year
- Lifestyle Deepika Padukone's Latest Airport Look Is All Things Cool And Comfy
- Technology Amazfit GTR Smartwatch With 24 days battery life Launched: Price, Specifications and More
- Sports Al Attiyah wins every stage on way to emphatic Silk Way Rally victory
- Travel Best Places to Visit in Rajasthan During Monsoon Season
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
Maruti Suzuki is all set to introduce a new diesel engine to its lineup. The new 1.5-litre diesel power unit is developed in-house and codenamed 'E15A'.
The new 1.5-litre diesel engine according to Team-BHP is ready for production and will soon debut on the Maruti Ciaz sedan. The new and more powerful engine will also replace the older Fiat-sourced 1.3-litre unit, currently in use on most Maruti products.
According to sources, the new 1.5-litre unit is a 1,498cc four-cylinder DDiS 225 engine. It produces 94bhp at 4,500rpm and 225Nm of torque at 1,500rpm. The new engine will come without the mild-hybrid (SHVS) technology of Maruti initially.
Also, the new diesel engine from Maruti Suzuki is currently BS-IV compliant, which means the engine will receive an update closer to the BS-VI implementation in India. The new engine is also lighter and has a dual-mass flywheel, offering a mileage of around 26.82km/l.
The older 1.3-litre DDiS200 engine currently in use will continue to be on sale along with the new engine until the new emission norms kick in.
Maruti also recently introduced their 1.5-litre K15-Series petrol engine recently. The new petrol engine also debuted with the Ciaz facelift launch and is available on the new Ertiga MPV as well.
The new diesel engine once launched, will slowly make its way onto other product offerings as well. This includes the new Ertiga and the S-Cross.
Currently, Maruti Suzuki is working on the launch of their new WagonR hatchback in the Indian market. Ahead of its launch on the 23rd of January, fresh spy images have been released, showcasing the new WagonR in detail along with all the updates to both its exterior and interior. The new Maruti WagonR once launched will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO in the Indian market.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Diesel Engine
The new Maruti diesel engine will debut first on the 2018 Ciaz sedan. The Ciaz is currently available with 1.5-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel engine offering. The new diesel engine will also make its way onto other Maruti Suzuki products at a later stage of 2019.