- 2 hrs ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Movies Court Acquits Actor Vidyut Jamwal In 2007 Assault Case
- Lifestyle Encephalitis: The Deadly Condition That Killed More Than 100 Children In Bihar
- News Upset over no electricity for 38 years, farmer gulps poison in front of minister
- Technology WD Black SN750 M.2 SSD Review: Made For Pro Gamers
- Sports Virat Kohli on his way to being hailed as greatest of all time: Ranveer Singh
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra's recently launched XUV300 compact SUV has the catchphrase of 'Set the Roads on Fire'. The all-new Mahindra XUV300 does seem to be living up to its campaign slogan though as it has pushed its way past the Ford Ecosport and the Honda WR-V to claim the third spot in terms of sales in India's sub-4-metre compact SUV segment.
In March 2019, Mahindra sold 4,742 units of the XUV300 compact SUV in India which allowed it to squeak past the Ford EcoSport which sold 4,241 units (501 less) over the same 31-day period. The Honda WR-V, on the other hand, sold only 2,552 units in March 2019, which was 2,190 units less than the all-new Mahindra XUV300. The XUV300 also sold nearly 4 times as many units as its Mahindra sibling the TUV300, which only managed to find 1,187 owners in March.
|Rank ||OEM ||Model ||Mar'19 ||Mar'18 ||Growth |
|1 ||Maruti ||Vitara Brezza ||14181 ||13147 ||8% |
|2 ||Tata ||Nexon ||5616 ||4405 ||27% |
|3 ||Mahindra ||XUV300 ||4742 ||- ||- |
|4 ||Ford ||Ecosport ||4241 ||5344 ||-21% |
|5 ||Honda ||WR-V ||2552 ||4411 ||-42% |
|6 ||Mahindra ||TUV300 ||1187 ||3378 ||-65% |
|Total ||32519 ||30685 ||6% |
Overall, the sub-4-metre compact SUV segment in India witnessed a growth of six per cent year-over-year (YOY) compared to March 2018 thanks mostly to the arrival of the new XUV300. Compared to March 2018, when the Indian customer purchased 30,685 sub-4-metre compact SUVs, the same month this year accounted for 32,519 units, a gain in sales numbers of 1,834.
The segment was once again dominated by the Vitara Brezza with Maruti Suzuki selling 14,181 units of its diesel-only compact SUV. Sales of the Maruti Brezza were up by eight per cent YOY compared to March 2018, a period where Maruti sold 13,147 units of the compact SUV.
Taking second place on the sales charts once again was the Tata Nexon with 5,616 units accounting for segment-leading year-over-year growth of 27 per cent. Tata had only managed to sell 4,405 units (1,211 less than this year) of the Nexon over the same 31-day period last year.
All the other compact SUVs in the segment registered huge losses in terms of sales numbers with the Mahindra TUV300 registering a drop of 2,191 units (65 per cent) year-over-year. Sales of the Honda WR-V took a slightly less painful hit dropping by 1,859 units (42 per cent) compared to the same period last year. Ford also experienced a drop in sales of the EcoSport with sales numbers dropping by 1,103 units (a loss of 21 per cent).