- 27 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 1 hr ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Technology Jays m-Seven Truly Wireless Earbuds With 9.5 Hours Battery Life Launched For Rs. 8,999
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra has launched its latest SUV, the XUV 300 in the Indian market. The much-awaited sub-four metre SUV from Mahindra comes with a starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Bookings for the new Mahindra XUV 300 already begun ahead of its launch for an amount of Rs 20,000. Deliveries of the new SUV will commence immediately as the XUV 300 has already secured over 4,000 bookings.
The Mahindra XUV 300 is based on the same platform as the Ssangyong Tivoli. The X100 platform on the Mahindra XUV 300 though has been reworked to come under the four-metre segment. The XUV 300 borrows a number of design cues from its larger sibling, the XUV 500.
The Mahindra XUV 300 will be available in four trims — W4, W6, W8 and W8 OPT. All four trims of the SUV will come loaded with features, many of which are segment-firsts. Even the base 'W4' variant of the XUV 300 is expected to feature a number of new equipment as well.
Here are the variant-wise prices of the new Mahindra XUV 300.
|Petrol ||Diesel |
|W4 ||Rs 7,90,000 ||Rs 8,49,000 |
|W6 ||Rs 8,75,000 ||Rs 9,30,000 |
|W8 ||Rs 10,25,000 ||Rs 10,80,000 |
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec W8 OPT receives an optional feature pack for an additional Rs 1.19 lakh, over the standard 'W8' variant.
In terms of dimensions, the Mahindra XUV 300 is 3,995mm in length, 1,821mm in width and 1,617mm in height. The XUV 300 comes with a wheelbase of 2,600mm, which is the largest in the sub-four-metre SUV segment.
The new Mahindra XUV 300 will come powered with two engine options — 1.2-litre turbo petrol and 1.5-litre diesel. The diesel engine on the XUV 300 has been borrowed from the Mahindra Marazzo MPV and produces 115bhp and 300Nm of torque. The 1.2-litre turbo petrol, on the other hand, churns out 110bhp and 200Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox — read our detailed review here.
Mahindra is also said to be working on an automatic transmission for the XUV 300. The SUV will receive an AMT version soon, sourced from Italian components manufacturer, Magnet Marelli. This AMT gearbox will also be introduced on the Mahindra Marazzo as well.
Coming back the Mahindra XUV 300, the SUV will come packed with features. Some of these include LED automatic headlamps, LED DRLs,rain-sensing wipers, electric sunroof, automatic climate control, cruise control, keyless ignition, steering-mounted audio controls and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto — here are the top features on the new Mahindra XUV 300.
Safety features on the Mahindra XUV 300: seven airbags, three-point seat belts, ISOFIX child-seat mounts, ABS with EBD, reverse parking camera, disc brakes on all four wheels, electronic stability program and hill-hold assist — watch the official video, listing out all the safety features on the XUV 300.
The Mahindra XUV 300 is further available in a range of six colour choices: Red Rage, Sun Burst Orange, Pearl White, Napoli Black, DSAT Silver and Aquamarine.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV 300 India Launch
The Mahindra XUV 300 is one of the most-awaited SUVs in the Indian sub-four-metre segment. The XUV 300 rivals the likes of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and the Tata Nexon in the Indian market.