- 10 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
- 11 hrs ago Royal Enfield 650 Twins Sales Figures Cross 2000 Units A Month
- 12 hrs ago Triumph To Manufacture Electric Motorcycles — Announces Project Triumph TE-1
- News Lok Sabha Election Results 2019 LIVE: Who will win 'Game of thrones'? Narendra Modi vs Rahul Gandhi
- Technology Redmi Note 7S vs other budget smartphones available in India
- Sports England have no margin for error at World Cup, warns Stokes
- Lifestyle 10 Effective Home Remedies For Low Blood Pressure Hypotension
- Movies Harshad Chopda & Jennifer Winget Reveal Their Relationship Status & What they Hate About Each Other!
- Education TS Inter Re-verification Result 2019 Likely To Be Declared On May 27
- Finance Air India To Add Flights To Domestic And International Routes In June
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra has already confirmed the launch date of their new compact-SUV offering, the XUV 300 in the Indian market on the 15th of February. Ahead of its launch, AutoPunditz has shared spy pics of the base variant of the Mahindra XUV 300. The spy pics of the Mahindra XUV 300 base variant reveals all the features and other specifications on the upcoming compact-SUV.
UPDATE: Mahindra Automotive has launched the XUV300 at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India) — click here to know all the details (including variant-wise pricing).
According to reports, the base variant of the Mahindra XUV 300 is said to receive a long list of features as standard, including LED headlamps, 2-din audio system, MID with the instrument cluster, automatic climate control, USB charging, tachometer and power windows with one-touch functions on the driver side.
In terms of safety features, the Mahindra XUV 300 is said to come with dual-airbags, ABS with EBD and a seat-belt reminder light all as standard.
In terms of engine specifications, the upcoming Mahindra XUV 300 is said to come with two options: 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol and 1.5-litre diesel (same as on the Mahindra Marazzo). The 1.2-litre petrol unit churns out 135bhp while the 1.5-litre diesel produces 121bhp, both of which are class-leading. The two engines will further come mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox, with an automatic transmission to be introduced at a later stage.
The interiors of the higher variant Mahindra XUV 300 were also spied recently. The higher variants additionally get features such as a large touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, push button start/stop, sunroof, steering mounted audio control, electrically adjustable ORVMs and central armrest for the rear passengers.
Bookings for the upcoming Mahindra XUV 300 will officially start closer to the date of launch. However, certain dealerships are already accepting bookings for the XUV 300 for a token amount of Rs 7,000 to Rs 10,000 depending on the dealership locations.
Apart from standard Mahindra XUV 300, the company is also said to be working on introducing a hybrid version of the compact-SUV. The company has already collaborated with a Korean supplier for India-specific battery packs. The electric Mahindra XUV 300 will be the fourth EV from the brand after the E2O, e-Verito and the eKUV100. And is expected to be introduced sometime in 2020.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV 300 Base Variant Features
Mahindra has packed even the base variant of their upcoming XUV 300 with a host of features. This is aimed to attract more customers towards the compact-SUV, which will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and the Ford EcoSport in the Indian market. Prices for the XUV 300 will be revealed on the day of launch, although it is expected to be in the range of Rs 7 - 10 lakh,ex-showroom.