- 1 hr ago Continental Builds Heads Up Display For Sport And Performance Cars
- 2 hrs ago The Damon X Is The Safest Motorcycle In The World — Features Advanced Tech
- 3 hrs ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 19 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Coming from a second-line side in world cricket, Shakib Al Hasan’s feat is extra special
- Finance Fitch Lowers India Growth Forecast For FY20 To 6.6%
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A70 Cases And Covers To Buy In India
- News If you are going to cough, please go away the room: Donald Trump
- Movies Bigg Boss Tamil Season 3: Is This The Final List Of Contestants?
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor & Alia Bhatt Make Us Want To Invest In Green Pantsuits
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra has scheduled the launch of their new Compact-SUV, the XUV300 on the 14th February 2019. The new Mahindra XUV300 is based on the Ssangyong Tivoli, with official images of the production-spec being released earlier this month.
UPDATE: Mahindra Automotive has launched the XUV300 at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India) — click here to know all the details (including variant-wise pricing).
The company has started accepting bookings for the Mahindra XUV 300 for an amount of Rs 20,000. Potential customers can book their XUV 300 either online or at the company dealerships.
The Mahindra XUV300 uses a modified version of the Tivoli's X100 platform, to fall under the sub-four-metre category. In terms of design, the XUV300 looks very different from the Tivoli, however, Mahindra has borrowed design cues from its larger sibling, the XUV500.
The five-seater Compact-SUV is said to be spacious and comfortable, thanks to its long 2.6-metre wheelbase (highest wheelbase in its class). The Mahindra XUV300 has been spied without any camouflage recently, during the shoot of its TV Commercial.
In terms of engine specifications, the Mahindra XUV300 is expected to carry forward the same 1.5-litre diesel unit as seen on the Marazzo. The diesel engine churns out 121bhp and 320Nm of torque. However, the power figures for the XUV300 might be reduced slightly.
The XUV300 is also expected to come with a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine as well. Both engines will be mated to a six-speed manual transmission, with an automatic gearbox introduced at a later stage.
In terms of features, Mahindra is expected to offer the XUV300 with a wide range of equipment. This includes projector headlamps with LED DRL, seven airbags, all-wheel disc brakes and dual-zone climate control; to name a few.
The Mahindra XUV300 is the second rebranded Ssangyong product from the Indian car brand. The first being the fourth-generation Rexton, which was introduced as the Mahindra Alturas G4. The Alturas G4 is currently the flagship model from Mahindra in the Indian market — read our review here.
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV300 Launch Date
The Mahindra XUV300 is one of the most-awaited compact-SUV offerings in the Indian market. Once launched, the Mahindra XUV300 will take on direct rivals such as the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon and the Ford EcoSport among others.