- 5 min ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 52 min ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- 1 day ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 1 day ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Movies Srinidhi Shetty Learns Martial Arts For 10 Days In A Row! KGF 2 Action Scenes To Include Her?
- Finance What Is The Last Date To File ITR For FY 2018-19?
- Technology Lyrics Website Genius Accuses Google Of Stealing Its Content – Search Giant Again In Trouble
- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Sarfaraz was confused, Pakistan lacked imagination, says Tendulkar
- News Mamata agrees to meet; uncertainty hangs over live media coverage
- Lifestyle From Shamita Shetty To Shikha Talsania: Whose Dress Game Was The Best?
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Mahindra Automotive is all set to launch the new XUV300 in India at a compelling price tag. The Mahindra XUV300 is aimed to be a strong player in the highly-competitive sub-four-metre compact-SUV segment in the Indian automotive market. The SUV comes with both petrol and diesel engine choices, but mated only to a six-speed manual transmission.
UPDATE: Mahindra Automotive has launched the XUV300 at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India) — click here to know all the details (including variant-wise pricing).
Now, Autocar India shares that the Mahindra XUV300's automatic variant is indeed in the works. It was recently shared that the brand's MPV offering, the Mahindra Marazzo, will be getting an AMT version in the coming months. This will be the same case for the XUV300. The AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) unit will be sourced from the Italian automotive components manufacturer, Magneti Marelli.
We have already driven the new Mahindra XUV300. The compact-SUV offers a lot on the inside including some segment-first equipment such as a sunroof, two-zone climate control, etc. — check out our detailed Mahindra XUV300 review to know more.
With the launch of the Mahindra XUV300 AMT, the market for the AMT avatars of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Tata Nexon will surely witness some stiff competition. In fact, the demand for automatic cars has increased by a good margin in the past few years. For the same reason, major Indian car manufacturers are coming with automatic variants across their entire product portfolio.
As mentioned before, the Mahindra XUV300 is available in two engine formats. The 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine makes 110bhp and 200Nm of torque while the 1.5-litre diesel unit makes 115bhp and a strong 300Nm. The AMT unit will most likely come on the diesel variant only. The petrol-powered XUV300 might get a torque-converter automatic variant at a later stage.
If you wish to buy the latest compact-SUV on the market, we recommend you check out these important facts and figures (mileage, seating capacity, boot space, turning radius; and more).
Thoughts On The Upcoming Mahindra XUV300 Automatic
Once launched, the Mahindra XUV300 AMT will definitely become the most desirable choice among its entire range. Prices for the automatic XUV300 variants should be at least Rs 50,000 higher than the regular formats (the standard XUV300 is expected to carry a starting price in the range of Rs 9-10 lakh ex-showroom). Would you choose the XUV300 AMT variant over the manual? Let us know in the comment section below.