- 12 min ago Toyota Vellfire Premium MPV Unveiled In India — Opulence & Luxury For The Entire Family
- 2 hrs ago UK To Mandate Installation Of EV charging Points In All New Houses — Wise Move Indeed
- 4 hrs ago Ford India, Mahindra To Oversee International Markets Group — Cater For 100 Emerging Markets
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Working On A New Electric Car Under Rs 10 Lakh — An Electric Vehicle For The Masses
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Signature Edition With Gold And Diamond Launched In India For Rs. 4,80,000
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Birthday Special: Her 3 Unusually Stunning Make-up Looks
- News Ruckus in MP Assembly over law and order situation, BJP stages walkout
- Movies Rashmika Mandanna Is Not Worried About Rumours Regarding Her Personal Life And Here's Why
- Sports My target is to qualify for World Championships and then Tokyo Olympics: Dutee Chand
- Finance CBDT Clarifies On Changes In ITR Forms Says Only Utility Updated
- Travel Chandrashila trek: Lose yourself, be awestruck.. such is the majestic view from summit
- Education #SelfiewithGuru: A Campaign To Mark The Occasion Of Guru Purnima 2019
The new Mahindra XUV 300 features a lot for its price range, especially when compared to its competitors. Set to launch in India on February 14, the Mahindra XUV 300 is the brand's answer to the highly-competitive sub-four-metre compact-SUV market.
UPDATE: Mahindra Automotive has launched the XUV300 at a compelling starting price of Rs 7.90 lakh ex-showroom (India) — click here to know all the details (including variant-wise pricing).
From what we have known and seen so far, the new XUV 300 will be a strong rival to the segment-leading Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. We have already driven it — here's our detailed review.
Power comes from either a 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol or a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol engine makes 110bhp and 200Nm while the diesel unit makes 115bhp and a strong 300Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a six-speed transmission.
That said, here are the top features of the Mahindra XUV 300!
7.0-Inch Touchscreen Unit
Touchscreen infotainment systems have become a must-have feature in modern cars and the example in the XUV 300 spans seven inches, diagonally. It supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, plus the brand's Blue Sense app.
Blue Sense Connectivity
The Blue Sense app lets you control and access more functions in the infotainment display using a smartwatch. This includes climate and audio control, service reminder, vehicle documents, emergency contacts, etc.
The Mahindra XUV 300 brings seven airbags for the first time among compact-SUVs. The government mandates at least dual airbags as a standard option for all cars and most manufacturers do away with just two, in order to keep the prices down. The XUV 300 really impresses in this regard.
All-Wheel Disc Brakes
The compact-SUV also gets disc brakes on all four wheels. The Mahindra XUV 300 is claimed to be dynamic and fun-to-drive, and the enhanced braking system ensures that you are in total control. The disc brakes are further assisted by ABS and EBD.
As an added luxury for a vehicle in the compact-SUV market, the Mahindra XUV 300 gets a sunroof on its top variant. Sunroof rarely becomes a 'need' in Indian driving conditions, but is often a 'want' for many.
Two-Zone Climate Control
Two-zone climate control is a comfort feature found mostly in premium cars. It essentially sets two different temperature in either side of the front cabin. Some high-end cars feature three-zone or even four-zone climate control.
Other Important Features
In addition to the above features, the Mahindra XUV 300 also gets:
- Three steering modes: Comfort, Normal & Sport
- Push-button start
- Automatic headlamps and wipers
- Hill-Hold Assist
- Electronic Stability Program
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 60:40 split-folding rear seats
- Ambient lighting for the instrument console
- Multi-information TFT display in the instrument console
Thoughts On The Mahindra XUV 300
The new Mahindra XUV 300 promises a lot in the space dominated by the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport and Tata Nexon. From the specifications chart and features list, the XUV 300 easily outperforms its competitors by a good margin. Will it become the market leader in the coming months? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.