- 6 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 7 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
South Korean carmaker Hyundai today revealed that its upcoming rival for the Maruti Brezza will bear the name Venue. The upcoming Hyundai Venue is the final evolution of the Carlino concept from Auto Expo 2016 and will be unveiled next month. So in this article, let's take a look at all the details we know till date about the upcoming Hyundai Venue Compact SUV.
Hyundai today revealed that its upcoming SUV, which bore the QXi codename would be known as the Venue when it finally hits the roads. The Venue is a global product for Hyundai and with its new name, the Korean carmaker has ditched its tradition of naming its SUVs and crossovers after places across the world. Hyundai reason for the Venue name is simple, it envisions the new compact SUV as a place people want to be seen, which in the case of the new compact Venue is inside the SUV. Anyway, it's a lot better than the Styx badge that many in the Indian auto blogosphere had saddled on it.
Under Bonnet Basics — The Powertrain
When the Hyundai Venue arrives in India, the new Maruti Brezza rival will be offered with three different engine options. The two most common offerings will be petrol and diesel engines displacing 1.4-litres. The petrol engine is expected to push out around 100bhp with the diesel cranking out about 10bhp less than its gasoline sibling. Both engines will be offered with a 6-speed manual transmission.
The final powerplant to be placed under the bonnet of the Venue is a new 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine which is expected to kick out around 100bhp. The turbo-petrol engine will be paired to a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox. The new Hyundai Venue will be the only dual-clutch automatic offering in the segment as Ford ditched the twin-plate setup for a regular torque converter for the facelifted Ecosport.
Dramatic Design — Boxy Fluidity
The Hyundai Venue is the final evolution of the Carlino concept showcased at Auto Expo 2016. While the new compact SUV from Hyundai is expected to retain the slightly boxy shape from its forebear, the Venue will add on to that shape quite a few design features that have made Hyundai's cars quite striking over the past few years.
The new Hyundai Venue SUV will feature Hyundai's trademark cascading grille along with the split headlight design seen on the Kona, an SUV which will also be making its way into India later this year. The latest teaser revealing the name of the SUV featured quite a few shapes, so expect the new Venue to sport a rather eyeball attracting design when it arrives.
The Interiors — A Premium Place To Be
The new Hyundai Venue is expected to be a premium offering in the sub-4-metre compact SUV segment when it arrives in the Summer. The new Hyundai Venue is expected to borrow a few bits and interior pieces from its larger siblings like the Kona and the Creta.
The new Hyundai Venue is also expected to sport a large touchscreen infotainment display offering both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity options. The interior of the compact SUV is expected to be quite spacious with the rear expected to offer quite a bit of room. The Venue is expected to feature a dark interior theme and could offer amenities like a sunroof in its top-spec model with ventilated seats also another possibility.
The Grand Arrival — Debut Date Is Out
The Hyundai Venue will make its global debut at the 2019 New York Auto Show next month. However, what makes the unveiling of the Hyundai Venue on April 17 such a big deal for us in the sub-continent is the fact that the SUV will make its Desi debut at the same time as the rest of the world. The Hyundai Venue is expected to be launched in India a month later in May.
Price Tag — A Premium Brezza Rival
The Hyundai Venue will come packed with a host of features when it finally hits showrooms across India. All the goodies though are expected to make the new Hyundai Venue a premium offering in the sub-4-metre compact SUV segment. Expect a price more in line with that of the Ford EcoSport and Mahindra XUV300 rather than that of the Tata Nexon and Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. We expect the starting price to hover around the Rs 8.5 lakh (ex-showroom) mark.