- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
The model-wise sales report of Hyundai in India for the month of August 2019 has been released. The Hyundai model-wise sales in India showcases the Grand i10 as the best-selling car from the brand in the Indian market. The Hyundai Grand i10 is closely followed by the recently introduced Venue compact-SUV.
The Hyundai Grand i10 has become the top-selling model from the brand in India, with a registered sales of 9,403 units in the month of August 2019. The Grand i10 consisting of both the old model as well as the recently introduced NIOS has performed extremely well in the Indian market.
The Hyundai Grand i10, however, has recorded a decline in sales compared to August 2018, when it registered 11,489 units of sales. The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is offered with a host of updates and is sold alongside the older model in the Indian market — here are the details of the Grand i10 NIOS.
Taking second position in the list is the compact-SUV offering, the Venue. Hyundai introduced the Venue SUV in the Indian market, a couple of months ago. The SUV has quickly become the best-selling SUV in the country, overtaking even the long standing Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza — here is the list of top-selling SUVs in India.
In the month of August 2019, the Hyundai Venue has managed to record 9,342 units of sales. The Venue is the first compact-SUV offering from the Korean brand in the Indian market, it is also the first ‘Internet car' in the country, debuting Hyundai's Blue Link Connectivity.
|Rank||Models||Aug-19||Aug-18||YoY diff %|
|1||Hyundai Grand i10||9,403||11,489||-18.16|
The Hyundai Elite i20 is positioned below the Venue in the list. The Elite i20 is the brand's premium hatchback offering. The car offers a host of features and has consistently brought in good volume sales to the brand in India. The Hyundai Elite i20 registered 7,071 units of sales in August 2019; a drop of 38.38% from 11,475 units in the same month last year.
The Creta is the next model in the list. The Hyundai Creta is one of the most popular offerings in the mid-size SUV segment, however, with new competitors being introduced in the segment, the Creta has lost out on sales. The mid-size SUV registered a healthy 6,001 units of sales last month. Hyundai is now working on introducing the next-generation version of the popular SUV, which has been spied testing in India already, on multiple occasions.
The Hyundai Santro is one of the most popular hatchback names in the Indian market. The company recently brought back the moniker, which has allowed the new hatchback to attract a lot of customers. The Santro is placed fifth in the list with a sales of 3,288 units of sales in the month of August 2019.
The bottom five on the model-wise sales list showcases the Verna, Xcent, Kona Electric, Tucson and Elantra. The Hyundai Verna has also performed well in the Indian market, even overtaking the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, to become the best-selling executive sedan in the market. The company registered 1,597 units of the Hyundai Verna, just 1 unit more than its rival, the Maruti Ciaz.
The Xcent follows the Verna closely in terms of sales, registering a 1,316 units in the month of August 2019. The compact-sedan offering, however, has registered a drop of 73.58% from August 2018 when it recorded 4,981 units of sales.
The Hyundai Kona electric registered 88 units of sales in August 2019; the Tucson and Elantra models followed closely behind with 58 and 41 units of sales last month, respectively.
Thoughts On The Hyundai Model-Wise Sales In India For August 2019
The Hyundai model-wise sales report for the month of August 2019 in India, showcases the Grand i10 and the Venue leading the way in sales for the brand. The two new products, the Venue and the Grand i10 NIOS have been received extremely well in the market, to bring in decent sales event under the current auto industry slowdown.