- 38 min ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 1 hr ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 4 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Bhumi Pednekar Turns Climate Warrior; Uses Her Influence To Spread Climate Change Awareness!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 103: Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Bengal Warriors: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News BJP talks about farmer welfare in campaigns, but stops them from entering Delhi: Priyanka's jibe
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Hyundai India has launched the Grand i10 NIOS in the Indian market. The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is available with a starting price of Rs 4.99 lakh. The third-generation hatchback is available in four variants — Era, Magna, Sportz and Asta. The top-spec Grand i10 NIOS Asta is priced at Rs 7.99 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Pan India).
|Grand i10 NIOS||Options||ERA||MAGNA||SPORTZ||ASTA|
|1.2L Kappa Petrol||MT||4.99 Lakh||5.84 Lakh||6.38 Lakh||7.13 Lakh|
|AMT||-||6.37 Lakh||6.98 Lakh||-|
|Dual Tone||-||-||6.68 Lakh||-|
|1.2L U2 CRDi Diesel||MT||-||6.70 Lakh||-||7.99 Lakh|
*All prices are ex-showroom (Pan-India)
Hyundai has already started accepting bookings for the new NIOS in the Indian market. Bookings for the new hatchback can be made either online or through any of the showrooms across India for an amount of Rs 11,000. Deliveries for the new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS will begin immediately.
The new NIOS hatchback will be sold alongside the standard Grand i10 already available in the Indian market. The new offering will be positioned between the standard Grand i10 model and the Elite i20 premium hatchback.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is more premium and spacious than the standard hatchback. The ‘NIOS' suffix on the new model stands for ‘more', which indicates the additional space and the improved performance of the new hatchback over the standard variant.
The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS comes with a completely new styling while continuing to retain the brand's design language. This includes the cascading front grille, sleek projector headlamps, minimalistic styling on the sides and rounded wrap-around tail lights at the rear. The LED DRLs on the Grand i10 NIOS are however placed at the edges of the front grille, giving it a unique and premium look.
Inside, the Grand i10 NIOS comes with a host of updates, additional features and safety equipment. The cabin comes finished in a dual-tone layout with soft-touch materials all around; offering a premium feel.
The central console consists of a large 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also comes with other features such as a partially-digital instrument cluster, steering-mounted controls, automatic climate control and electrically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn signals.
Safety features on the Grand i10 NIOS includes airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors, seat-belt reminders, high-speed warning, ISOFIX child seat anchors and a bunch of other comfort and safety equipment as well.
The Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS features both a petrol and diesel engine. Both these engines are carried over from the current-generation Grand i10 hatchback. However, the engines on the NIOS have been upgraded to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
The petrol unit includes a 1.2-litre ‘Kappa' engine producing 81bhp and 114Nm of torque. The diesel engine also comes in the form of a 1.2-litre CRDi unit churning out 76bhp and 190Nm of torque. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission as well.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS
The new Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS is the latest entrant in the brand's hatchback lineup in India, consisting of the Santro, Grand i10 and the Elite i20. The new Grand i10 NIOS will continue to rival the same competitors as the standard model, this includes the Maruti Suzuki Swift, Tata Tiago and the Ford Figo.