- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 1 hr ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- 3 hrs ago MG ZS EV Long Distance Trial Run From Delhi To Agra: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Datsun Car Discounts For November 2020: GO+, GO & Redi-GO Receive Benefits Up To Rs 51,000
- Finance Sugar Stocks Rally Up To 18% As Piyush Goyal Meet; May Announce Sops
- News Absolutely wrong to prevent farmers from holding peaceful demonstrations: Kejriwal
- Technology iPhone 13 Could Be Completely Port-Free; Apple To Ditch Lighting, Type-C
- Sports Six Pakistan cricketers in New Zealand test positive for Covid 19
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan's Look From Bob Biswas Goes Viral; His Transformation Photos Are Unbelievable!
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
The list for the top-selling SUVs in India for August 2019 has been released. The list of top-10 best-selling SUVs showcases the Hyundai Venue at the top of the list, while the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes in second.
The Hyundai Venue has retained the best-selling SUV title in the Indian market for the second time in a row. The Venue which was launched in India a couple of months ago is Hyundai's first compact-SUV offering in the market. The Hyundai Venue recorded 9,342 units of sales in the month of August 2019.
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, which has been one of the most popular offerings in the Indian SUV segment, came in second on the list. The company recorded sales of 7,109 units in the month of August 2019. This is a drop of 46 per cent from the same month last year when the SUV recorded over 13,000 units of sales.
The Kia Seltos is the third SUV in the top-10 list. The Seltos is the first product in the Indian market from the Korean carmaker, which launched the SUV on the 22nd August. Positioned in the competitive mid-size SUV segment, the Seltos overtook all its rivals within eight days of its launch, recording 6,236 units of sales.
Close behind the Kia Seltos is its cousin, the Hyundai Creta. The Creta recorded 6,001 units of sales in the country last month, registering a drop of 42 per cent compared to its sales in August 2018 when it recorded a little over 10,000 units in sales.
|Rank||Model||August 2019 Sales|
|2||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza||7109|
The Ford EcoSport, Mahindra Scorpio, Mahindra XUV300 and the Tata Nexon occupy the middle part of the table. The Ford EcoSport in the fifth position registered 2,882 units; Mahindra Scorpio recorded 2,862 units and the XUV300 and the Tata Nexon closed in at 2,532 and 2,275 units of sales, respectively in August 2019.
The MG Hector also entered the top-10 list. Positioned in ninth, the Hector registered 2,018 units of sales in the previous month. The company will soon be increasing the production of the Hector to meet the demands in the Indian market, which now commands a waiting period of at least 3 months.
The last position on the table is filled up by the Honda WR-V. The SUV from the Japanese carmaker registered 1,178 units in the month of August 2019; a drop of 58 per cent from 2,822 units during the same month last year.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling SUVs In India For August 2019
The Hyundai Venue has taken the Indian SUV segment by storm. The compact-SUV has been received extremely well in the market, due to its long list of features combined with a powerful performance from its three engine options. However, with the Kia Seltos looking strong in sales, it will be interesting to see how the top-3 vary in the coming months.