- 51 min ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 1 hr ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Movies Disha Patani: Salman Khan Is Grounded, Not Intimidating
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 to support super-fast 50W charging
- News MP Congress leader Ratan Singh dies of heart attack at counting centre
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Sports Ashwin to play for Nottinghamshire in county cricket
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Tiago NRG crossover has crossed 3000 in bookings in just a period of around one month. Tata Motors launched the new Tiago NRG crossover at an introductory starting price of Rs 5.49 lakh for the petrol variant and Rs 6.31 lakh for the diesel model; both prices being ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Tiago-based hatchback crossover is a perfect choice for Indian road conditions with its high ground clearance and rugged styling. The cross-hatch segment has been witnessing a rise in interest recently with the all-new Ford Freestyle, and Tata didn't miss the opportunity to introduce their own product.
The Tata Tiago NRG comes with a host of features and equipment for its price. The ‘Urban Toughroader' styling definitely appeals to many and adds a certain character to the regular Tiago hatchback. Compared to the Tiago, the NRG brings some subtle changes to the interiors too.
As mentioned before, the Tata Tiago NRG is available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine makes 84bhp and 114Nm of torque while the 1.05-litre diesel unit produces 69bhp and 140Nm. The engine comes mated only to a 5-speed manual while the regular Tiago has got an AMT variant too.
The Tiago NRG is just one of the new models due for launch in the coming months. The Tata Tigorfacelift was recently launched while the brand is readying the launch of the performance-focussed Tiago JTP. Meanwhile, the premium Tata Harrier and 45X have been spotted testing on the Indian roads, many times prior to their official unveiling.
Although the Tata Tiago NRG is costlier by almost Rs 30,000 compared to the regular model, it does justify its price tag with the things it offers on the inside. The new 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system supports navigation and other functionalities through Tata's dedicated ConnectNext smartphone app.
The Tiago NRG also boasts of an eight-speaker audio system powered by Harman. The unit produces high-quality output which is on par or even better than the ones offered in many high-end cars. On the safety front, the car comes with a reverse parking camera, ABS+EBD, Corner Stability Control and dual front airbags.
Thoughts On The Tata Tiago NRG
The Tiago NRG was sort of an experimental product by Tata Motors but from the sales figures, it is evident that the car is indeed a success. The Tiago NRG mainly rivals the Ford Freestyle and Toyota Etios Cross. What are your thoughts on the Tata cross-hatch?