- 1 hr ago Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- 1 hr ago Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- 2 hrs ago Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- 2 hrs ago Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Movies Mithun Chakraborty's Son Namashi To Debut In Bollywood With Rajkumar Santoshi's Next
- Technology Lenovo Z6 Lite vs other smartphones with 6GB RAM under Rs. 20,000
- Education SSLC Revaluation Result Kerala 2019: Direct Link To Check Result
- News In Mandya, Sumalatha wins by over 90,000 votes against Nikhil Kumaraswamy
- Lifestyle 8 Dos And Don'ts After Hair Wash!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Team analysis: New Zealand look to punch above weight, again!
- Finance Markets End Lower Even As NDA Storms Back To Power; Sensex hits 40,000 Pts
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors has announced that their much-awaited upcoming Harrier SUV will be powered by a new Kryotec diesel engine. The new engine claims to offer superior performance and efficiency.
The new power unit comes in the form of a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder Kryotec diesel engine. Tata Motors states that the new unit has been inspired by 'the cryogenic rocket engine for its power and reliability'. They also have stated that the new 2.0-litre unit has been benchmarked against global standards for performance and refinement.
The Kryotec engine on the Harrier also offers state-of-the-art engine management system, multi-driving modes and terrain response system as well. The engine also comes equipped with an Electronically Controlled Variable Geometry Turbocharger (eVGT) which further improves its performance in terms of power and pickup.
The Kryotec engine also comes with a Low Friction Valve Train Architecture and an advanced EGR to deliver high fuel efficiency while also meeting the upcoming stringent emission norms.
The Tata Harrier is based on the company's new OMEGARC architecture as part of their IMPACT 2.0 design language. However, power figures from the new Kryotec engine are yet unknown and will be announced closer to the date of the SUV's launch in India.
The Tata Harrier is expected to be introduced in the Indian market, sometime early next year. The company also recently announced that the Harrier will be the lead car for the Mumbai Marathon, to be held in January 2019.
Ahead of its impending launch, the Harrier has been spotted multiple times, undergoing extensive testing. The Harrier SUV will be available in both five and seven-seater configurations, with the five-seater variantto be introduced first.
Thoughts On The New Kryotec Engine On The Tata Harrier
The Tata Harrier is one of the most-awaited SUV currently in the Indian market since the debut of its concept H5X back at the Auto Expo earlier this year. Once launched in India, the Tata Harrier is said to rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500.