TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Tata Motors is all set to launch the Harrier SUV in the Indian market in 2019. Now, Tata Motors has released two new videos which showcase the durability test conducted on the SUV. The Tata Harrier has been undergoing testing for quite some time and we have also spotted the SUV on Indian roads.
Tata Motors states that the Tata Harrier has been tested for 22 lakh kilometers on tough and challenging terrains. The torture test video showcases the camouflaged Harrier SUVs being tested on an uneven surface at the company's production facility. Apart from that, Tata Motors has also revealed the four-poster test video.
In the four-poster test video, we can see the camouflaged Tata Harrier's suspension being tested for durability. The four-poster test is done to simulate the uneven and bad road surface and it will also help Tata Motors to tune the suspension with proper settings as per the Indian road conditions.
The Tata Harrier is based on the new OMEGARC platform which is based on the Land Rover D8 platform. The new platform also underpins the Land Rover Discovery Sport. Tata Motors has tested the new platform in different conditions as the SUV has been spotted in different parts of the country.
The Tata Harrier will be offered with a five-seater and seven-seater configuration when it is launched in 2019. The Harrier is likely to draw power from a 2-litre diesel engine which is expected to produce around 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox. Tata might also introduce an automatic gearbox, but the SUV is unlikely to get an all-wheel-drive system.
On the design front, the production version of the Tata Harrier will feature LED headlamps and tail lamps. The Tata Harrier will feature the new Impact Design 2.0 philosophy with the signature humanity line. The interior will be premium with leather seat upholstery and touchscreen infotainment system.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
Tata Motors is creating a hype ahead of the launch of the Harrier in the Indian market. The latest videos reveal the durability test of the SUV and the Harrier is expected to come with decent off-roading capabilities. The Tata Harrier will be launched in India in the first half of 2019 and the SUV is expected to be priced between Rs 13-18 lakh.