- 1 min ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Sport Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 7.98 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Mercedes Developing Heated Seat Belts — Hopes To Motivate People To Use Them
- 15 hrs ago Ssangyong Tivoli Facelift Unveiled In South Korea — Features A New Engine And Tweaked Interiors
- 16 hrs ago Hyundai Venue Bookings Cross The 17000 Mark — India Loves The Korean Bestseller
- News How 'Modi-bashing' backfired
- Technology Redmi Go upgraded variant teased officially
- Movies Maharshi Worldwide Box Office Collections Day 16: A Decent Day For The Mahesh Babu Movie!
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Governing body in touch with 12 "corruptors' to warn them off the big event
- Finance 5 Best Safe FDs With High Interest Rates
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif's Floral Dress Makes For A Perfect Travel Dress
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors is all set to launch the new Harrier SUV in the Indian market in the first half of 2019. Now, Tata Motors has released a new video which explains the new OMEGARC (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) platform of the Harrier SUV.
The new OMEGARC platform is developed by Tata Motors and Jaguar Land Rover and it is based on the Jaguar Land Rover's D8 architecture. The video also states that more than one million vehicles are built on the D8 architecture.
The video highlights the design of the monocoque architecture which offers optimised torsional and bending stiffness. The Harrier will offer superior handling in both urban and off-road driving conditions. So, we can safely assume that the Harrier will be capable of handling off-road patches.
The OMEGARC also features auxiliary isolation panels which keep the NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) levels under control. In terms of safety, the platform uses high strength steel and also gets efficiently designed crumple zones. The platform is built on advanced automated manufacturing line which ensures robust quality and reliability.
The Tata Harrier was recently spotted alongside the 45X hatchback and the SUV will debut the new Impact Design 2.0 philosophy. The Harrier will be offered in both five-seater and seven-seater configurations. The interior will be premium with a touchscreen infotainment system and leather seat upholstery.
The Tata Harrier will draw power from a 2-litre diesel engine that is likely to produce 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual gearbox and Tata might also introduce an automatic gearbox. The Harrier is unlikely to get an all-wheel-drive system to keep the costs down.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
The Tata Harrier is said to be a game-changing product in the Indian market. The Harrier will be a premium SUV with a host of features and upmarket interior. The Harrier will be launched in the Indian market in the first half of 2019. We expect the Tata Harrier to be a hit in the Indian market as it will be an affordable alternative to other full-size SUVs in the market.