- 1 hr ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 2 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 7 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- News Appeal to Imran Khan to withdraw fee of Rs 1,400 from Kartarpur pilgrims: Punjab CM
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Movies Gauri Khan Designed Shah Rukh Khan’s Jeans In Baazigar; SRK Says Those Jeans ‘Were A Riot'!
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Tata Motors is all set to launch the new Harrier SUV in the Indian market in the first half of 2019. Now, Tata Motors has released a new video which explains the new OMEGARC (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture) platform of the Harrier SUV.
The new OMEGARC platform is developed by Tata Motors and Jaguar Land Rover and it is based on the Jaguar Land Rover's D8 architecture. The video also states that more than one million vehicles are built on the D8 architecture.
The video highlights the design of the monocoque architecture which offers optimised torsional and bending stiffness. The Harrier will offer superior handling in both urban and off-road driving conditions. So, we can safely assume that the Harrier will be capable of handling off-road patches.
The OMEGARC also features auxiliary isolation panels which keep the NVH (Noise, Vibration, Harshness) levels under control. In terms of safety, the platform uses high strength steel and also gets efficiently designed crumple zones. The platform is built on advanced automated manufacturing line which ensures robust quality and reliability.
The Tata Harrier was recently spotted alongside the 45X hatchback and the SUV will debut the new Impact Design 2.0 philosophy. The Harrier will be offered in both five-seater and seven-seater configurations. The interior will be premium with a touchscreen infotainment system and leather seat upholstery.
The Tata Harrier will draw power from a 2-litre diesel engine that is likely to produce 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual gearbox and Tata might also introduce an automatic gearbox. The Harrier is unlikely to get an all-wheel-drive system to keep the costs down.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
The Tata Harrier is said to be a game-changing product in the Indian market. The Harrier will be a premium SUV with a host of features and upmarket interior. The Harrier will be launched in the Indian market in the first half of 2019. We expect the Tata Harrier to be a hit in the Indian market as it will be an affordable alternative to other full-size SUVs in the market.