- 2 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 4 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- 23 hrs ago 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Movies Pooja Hegde Signs Movies Only If This Unusual Demand Is Met; Fans Do Not Know How To React!
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Lifestyle YRF's Face App Tweet Reminds Us Of Preity Zinta's Gorgeous Suits In Veer Zaara
- News Protestors block highway in Banihal over 'missing' man
- Sports ప్రశంసల వర్షం: క్రికెట్లో మైకేల్ జోర్డాన్ నా కుమారుడే
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Tata Motors is all set to reveal their production-spec model of the Harrier SUV at the Mumbai Marathon, to be held in January 2019. According to Team-BHP, the Tata Harrier SUV is said to be the lead car for the event.
Tata Motors first showcased the concept model of the Harrier, the H5X at the 2018 Auto Expo. Since then, the car has been spotted testing in various parts of the country multiple times. The Harrier SUV is expected to be launched in India, sometime during the first half of next year.
The Tata Harrier SUV is based on the new OMEGA platform which will also underpin all future Tata cars over 4.3m in length. The OMEGA platform is further based on JLR's D8 platform which underpins the Discovery Sport. Although it has undergone a lot of changes from Tata Motors to make it cost effective.
The production-spec model of the Tata Harrier SUV will carry forward most of the design features as seen on the concept. The SUV comes with a large muscular front bumper with fog lamps on either side. The front also features a new grille, split headlamps placed slightly lower and LED DRLs.
The Tata Harrier is also expected to feature large alloy wheels and black cladding across the sides. The SUV will also come with split LED tail lights and faux skid plates at both the front and rear.
Interiors of the Tata Harrier is also expected to come with a host of premium features and equipment. This includes plush leather seats, climate control, cruise control, floating infotainment system as well as smartphone connectivity with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto among others.
The Tata Harrier is said to be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine, sourced by FCA. It produces 140bhp and 320Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The manual gearbox is said to be sourced from Hyundai.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier SUV
The Tata Harrier SUV is all set to be revealed in January. The Mumbai Marathon is scheduled to start on the 20th January 2019, with the Tata Harrier as the lead car for the event. Once launched in India, the Tata Harrier will take on the likes of the Jeep Compass, Mahindra XUV500 and the Hyundai Creta.