- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 1 hr ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Movies Malayalam Actor Siddique Responds To Allegations Against Him!
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Finance UPI Or IMPS For An Online Transaction: What Should You Opt?
- Sports Willian would be sad to see Hazard leave Chelsea
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki launched the new 2018 Ertiga MPV at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The second-generation Maruti Ertiga comes in both petrol and diesel formats, while bookings were started almost a week before the official launch. Now, the new Maruti Ertiga CNG variant might be introduced in less than six months.
The Maruti Ertiga has already proved to be a good success for the Indian brand. The seven-seater packs a lot and comes with a host of improvements over the previous model. In fact, the new Maruti Ertiga received 10,000 bookings in just a week.
The previous-generation Maruti Ertiga came in a CNG format too. The i-GPI (Intelligent-Gas Port Injection) Dual Engine Control Unit provided the optimal balance between performance and fuel efficiency; the latter being more prioritised. The old Maruti Ertiga CNG variant returned a combined mileage of around 23km/l.
With the new CNG variant of the Maruti Ertiga in the charts, the sales figures would go even higher. The 2018 Maruti Ertiga CNG is based on the new SHVS mild-hybrid 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine, making 105bhp and 138Nm of torque. You can know more details of the MPV in our first look review of the 2018 Maruti Ertiga.
As expected, the CNG variant of the new Ertiga will produce a slightly lesser power output, but significantly better mileage figures. Meanwhile, the prices will go up by Rs 40,000 – 50,000, compared to its identical petrol trim. Most probably, the CNG variants will be available in the LXi and VXi trims only.
The new Maruti Ertiga is a strong alternative to the likes of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the recently-launched Mahindra Marazzo — read our detailed comparison between the three to get all the details you need.
The new 2018 Maruti Ertiga petrol variants (manual transmission) have a claimed mileage of 19.34km/l; quite a decent figure. Hence, the upcoming Ertiga CNG will be a better buy for those giving importance to fuel economy only. The CNG avatar might not get an automatic transmission.
Even though manufacturers sell petrol/diesel cars more than CNG units, there is still a decent market for such alternative fuel vehicles in the country. Click here to get all the details of the CNG cars, currently available on the market.
Thoughts On The Maruti Ertiga CNG Variant
The new Maruti Ertiga is a really good seven-seater for the price, and has filled all the voids of the previous models. The 2018 Ertiga is bigger than before, while still being ideally compact. With the CNG variant of the Maruti Ertiga coming soon, large families can look forward to buying a fuel-efficient MPV too.