- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- 2 hrs ago New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- 3 hrs ago Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- 3 hrs ago Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- Finance April Air Passenger Traffic Falls To A 6-Year Low
- Movies Sudeep Reveals Another Important Detail About Pailwaan! Kiccha's All Praise For This Character
- News In first polls without Jaya-Karunanidhi, DMK stages a massive comeback
- Education SBI Clerk Admit Card 2019 Will Be Released On This Date
- Sports Manchester United to bid for Newcastle star Sean Longstaff
- Technology Amazon EMI offers May 23rd to 26th: You wouldn't want to miss it
- Lifestyle 18 Effective Home Remedies For Asthma
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Maruti Suzuki has launched the new 2018 Ertiga in India at Rs 7.44 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The new Maruti Ertiga comes with a lot of improvements and upgrades over the previous model, and bookings for the same were started at an amount of Rs 11,000. Now, the company has shared that the new Ertiga has crossed 10,000 units in bookings.
CarAndBike say that waiting periods for the 2018 Maruti Ertiga stretch in the range of 2 – 3 months. Many dealerships have shared that the petrol variant is attracting more customers than the diesel; probably because there is an automatic option for it. Maruti Suzuki has also released a new TV commercial for Ertiga MPV — watch it here.
At the 2018 Maruti Ertiga launch event, R S Kalsi, Executive Director, Marketing and Sales, shared, "We started bookings about a week ago, and already in less than a weeks time we have close to 10000 bookings. I'm sure that with the stylish model we have launched, which is much better on performance, comfort and space, once the customers see the car and with the aggressive pricing that we have, the pace of the bookings is going to increase further."
The new Maruti Ertiga is based on Suzuki's HEARTECT platform; the same which underpins the new Maruti Swift and the many other models to come. With the new platform, the weight of the new Maruti Ertiga is relatively low for its enlarged dimensions. In addition to this, you can know some top things of the all-new Maruti Ertiga here.
Powering the 2018 Maruti Ertiga MPV is either a new 1.5-litre petrol or the existing 1.3-litre diesel engine. The Maruti Ertiga petrol makes 105bhp and 138Nm of torque, while coming mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The diesel variant of the new Maruti Ertiga produces 90bhp and 200Nm of torque. It comes mated only to a five-speed manual, but the brand might introduce an AMT version at a later stage.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga MPV
The new Maruti Ertiga has been revamped from the ground up and the market is showing a good response; evident from the 10,000 bookings. The Ertiga is a good seven-seater in a compact package, and also somewhat of a cheaper alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta and Mahindra Marazzo.