- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 19 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 21 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 23 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports Rohit Sharma gets 200 with a six; batting coach Rathour reveals secret of Hitman's success
- News Manmohan Singh to attend Kartarpur Corridor inauguration, claims Pakistan FM
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Maruti Suzuki launched the new Ertiga in India at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). The global variant of the MPV, the Suzuki Ertiga, was first unveiled at the Indonesia International Motor Show 2018. Compared to the previous model, the new Ertiga is taller, longer and wider.
The 7-seater Ertiga looks entirely different from the old model. The design language is similar to that seen in some recent Maruti Suzuki models, including the new Swift.
Exterior Design & Styling
As mentioned earlier, the dimensions of the new 2018 Maruti Ertiga have been changed. At 4395x1735x1690mm, the new Ertiga is 99mm longer, 40mm wider and 5mm taller than the outgoing model. The MPV is based on Suzuki's HEARTECT platform; the same found in the Maruti Swift.
The new Maruti Ertiga has got a revamped front design. The headlamps get projectors and extend into the chrome grille. The bumpers have larger air dams and an even more distinct fog lamp housing. The bonnet has now got sharpridges which add some muscularity.
Coming to the side, it is evident that the upcoming Maruti Ertiga is longer than before. Towards the rear, the roof follows a floating design with the blackened-out D-pillar. The new Ertiga sits on a set of 15-inch five-spoke alloy wheels, wrapped with 185/65 section tyres.
At the rear, the new L-shaped tail lamps with LEDs have succeeded in giving the Ertiga, a modern look. The embossed chrome garnish with ‘Ertiga' written on it, has been replaced with a rather sleek one. The tailgate lacks a spoiler at the top.
The rear design of the new model is in line with many other Japanese cars, especially some Honda products.
Interior Design & Styling
Inside, the Ertiga has got a beige theme overall. Faux wooden panelling is present all around the interior. The steering is wrapped in brown leather.
The seats are made of beige upholstery and give decent support and comfort. The middle-row bench seats have been made as thin as possible to provide legroom for the third-row passengers.
Engine & Performance
The Indonesian version of the new Ertiga comes with a new 1.5-litre K15B petrol engine which makes 102bhp and 138Nm of torque. This is mated to either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission.
However, when the new Maruti Ertiga is launched in India, expect it to use the existing 1.4-litre petrol or 1.3-litre diesel engine, mated only to a 5-speed manual. The current Ertiga petrol makes 94bhp and 130Nm. The diesel variant, on the other hand, makes 89bhp and 200Nm.
Since the Maruti MPV is based on the new HEARTECT platform, expect better performance and fuel efficiency. The reason for this is the usage of lighter materials.
Features & Practicality
Inside, the new Ertiga boasts of a 6.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system. The design of the infotainment unit looks identical to the one seen in the Maruti Ignis and is expected to support both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Being longer than before, the 2018 Ertiga offers more interior space than before. The luggage space can be further extended by folding the rear-row in 50:50 ratio and middle-row seats in 60:40 ratio.
Other features in the new 2018 Maruti Ertiga include:
- Steering-Mounted Controls
- New Instrument Console
- Start/Stop Button
- Lots Of Storage Spaces
- Ventilated Cup Holders
- Middle-Row Power Outlets
- Electrically Adjustable & Foldable ORVMs
The new Maruti Ertiga packs just the essential safety features expected at the price point. The 7-seater MPV gets dual front airbags, ABS+EBD and ISOFIX child seat mounts as standard equipment.
Thoughts On The New 2018 Maruti Ertiga
The new Ertiga was the most anticipated launch from Maruti Suzuki. The Maruti Ertiga is an ideal car for a family of more than five, looking forward to buying a small car. With the new platform and styling, the Maruti Ertiga will continue to balance space and utility in the best way.
If you want to know more about what has changed from the old model, check out our Old vs New Maruti Ertiga Comparison.
What do you think of the all-new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga?